::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I know people that do that kind of crap, hurt others, lash out, bully, probably have stuff going on that causes them to behave that way, but that's between them and their therapist.

You do something crappy to my kid in my sight there will be repurcussions.

Work today. Then tonight is date night. We've been trying to do something fun and Christmassy. Tonight's the night. Going to get all dressed up and go out. There are two different fancy shopping malls by us. One has a tree bigger than the Rockerfeller Center tree. Going to go cruise them, do a bit of shopping and find a fancy place to eat. Also will stop by Wendy's. She and friends are having a big Xmas party.

I'm all stupid excited.

Wow, haven't heard about a Wendy party in a couple years now.

Have fun!

Wow, haven't heard about a Wendy party in a couple years now.

Have fun!

Ha! The last one I attended I woke up on a couch in the morning confused at all the bodies strewn about. Nah, we're just stopping by at this one.

Wow, haven't heard about a Wendy's party in a couple years now.

Have fun!

wendys-logo.jpg

Also, there's NEVER a reason a two/three year old should be struck hard enough to leave a bruise.

NEVER!

Once, when my daughter was first walking, I caught her messing with an electrical outlet, trying to stick stuff in there. I think she was pretending they were car keys, and that she was driving. I told her to stop it, moved her away from the outlet, but soon she did it again. I scolded her, gave her something else to play with, and kept an eye on her. Almost immediately she was back there, trying to stick things into the outlet.

I was frustrated by then, and wanted to get the point across, and felt a swat on the butt was warranted. She was wearing a diaper at the time, so I gauged the force applied to be felt through that padding. I gave her a swat, aimed at her butt....and she moved.

I ended up connecting on the small of her back, right above the diaper. Immediately the red imprint of my NAND was visible on her back, and of course she was wailing. I felt ill....physically ill. I thought I was going to throw up.

I don't regret my decision to swat her butt, given the circumstances, but I sure wish she would have stood still....

"Hand", not "NAND"! Darn auto correct....

Once, when my daughter was first walking, I caught her messing with an electrical outlet, trying to stick stuff in there. I think she was pretending they were car keys, and that she was driving. I told her to stop it, moved her away from the outlet, but soon she did it again. I scolded her, gave her something else to play with, and kept an eye on her. Almost immediately she was back there, trying to stick things into the outlet.

I was frustrated by then, and wanted to get the point across, and felt a swat on the butt was warranted. She was wearing a diaper at the time, so I gauged the force applied to be felt through that padding. I gave her a swat, aimed at her butt....and she moved.

I ended up connecting on the small of her back, right above the diaper. Immediately the red imprint of my NAND was visible on her back, and of course she was wailing. I felt ill....physically ill. I thought I was going to throw up.

I don't regret my decision to swat her butt, given the circumstances, but I sure wish she would have stood still....

Where??

Did you go into inviso mode?

Nope, I don't do that - but it seems like if the thread isn't my currently active tab in my browser then UU will drop me as being present - even if I'm bouncing back and forth between thread and something else.

Ahhh, how sweet. Happy Day Prada!

We had an old wood box covered in carpet for the cats to sharpen their claws on. It had become pretty thrashed and I tossed it out. Buckshot started sharpening his claws on the front of Michaels bass amp. That had to stop so today I went to Big Lots for a small scratching post and came home with a fraking tree for the cats. In my defense it was one of the smaller ones. They also had some liquid roll on catnip. I rolled it on the carpet. The two male cats are in love. They were all over it and so happy. They played like crazy.

Ranger the dog has recently started chewing an old tennis shoe of mine. That's fine but I could tell he was actually eating it, so I bought him and Sandy some rawhides and bones. They really are digging them. I threw away the shoe.

Merry Christmas animals!

Hudson turned 10 on the 14th. Still working with his diabetes diagnosis, trying to get things right...

On the up side, he LOVES his new diet...

That she is....better then the last place close to 3

My haircut: $12. I give him a tip, too, even though he owns the place.

Sheryl's haircut: $12. She gives her stylist a tip, too, even though she's the wife of the guy who does my hair and they own the place together.

Emma's haircut: $10. Because she's a kid. Same thing for the tips...

Annie's haircut: $10. Again because of the whole kid thing. Ditto on tips.

Ben's haircut - he deals with that himself...

So for the four of us to get our hairs put in order: $52, including tips.

Dammit, the coffee shop is closed today for training. They're getting a new espresso machine tomorrow so they're taking the day off to work at a different site and learn how to use the new machine.

I don't have enough coffee beans to brew my own cup.

That leaves the garbage coffee in the cafeteria. *shudder*. I may have to make a trip over to Poppa's Haven or something for some good coffee.

Dammit, the coffee shop is closed today for training. They're getting a new espresso machine tomorrow so they're taking the day off to work at a different site and learn how to use the new machine.

I don't have enough coffee beans to brew my own cup.

That leaves the garbage coffee in the cafeteria. *shudder*. I may have to make a trip over to Poppa's Haven or something for some good coffee.

Sorry Jon. Definately, first world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom