::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to the High School Library for two hours. Volunteering there three days a week.

I already have my answer for critics at the church who wanna say something about it. "I've looked in all the drawers and cabinets in my office, and I haven't found any new young people there."

They are my first pair of glasses, it's taken over a year. I'm okay now but I still don't like to wear them outside when I'm walking, but that's slowly getting better too.

I've worn glasses for a long time; I finally realized my arms were getting too short for single vision lenses. My optometrist recommended the "digital" progressives and they have been fantastic. WAY expensive, but fantastic.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Hey baby, what's your sign? Do you think it accurately describes you? Do you think astrology has any merit?

Sagittarius and YES!

It is uncanny how "me" my sign is!
Some bit and pieces from a description.

-keenly interested in philosophy and religion, and they find that these disciplines aid their internal quest. At the end of the day, what Sagittarius wants most is to know the meaning of life, and to accomplish this while feeling free and easy. (I love my spirituality, but I am easy about it)

- choose to look at the big picture most of the time. They also like it when others agree with their well-thought-out point of view. The alternative to this, for better or for worse, is a Sag who can become argumentative and blunt. (sorry guys)

- enthusiastic in general (overly so)

- It's also a good idea to give Sags lots of room to explore their world. Once these folks start to feel hemmed in, they'll become impatient and difficult. (yeah, I got to be free)

- The Sag-born are generous and just -- (I have an obnoxious sense of justice and get aggravated if I feel like an injustice is being done to someone)

- They are outspoken in their beliefs, at times to the point of exaggeration. (yeah, gotta watch the exaggeration part)

- unflinching optimism. (this is my biggest one... if it was to come down to two words optimism and justice)

- They're quick to take a gamble on things, feeling both lucky and smart (Not smart so much as I do take a lot of risks... ie Mims Ukes)

- their tendency to procrastinate (ummmm I need to be taking pictures but I am instead reading my horoscope)

- Just as a fire can move quickly and uncontrollably, so can Sagittarius as they flit from one thing to the next, never looking back. (I have to watch this. It is my worst tendency)

- For the Sag-born, it's all about action and adventure (and, hopefully, conclusions). (I am always seeking an adventure, or something new)

- These folks love their physicality and are often athletic, and certainly full of stamina. (this one though has not been until recently)

- Life for these folks is played full-on, which is why it's chock-full of experiences. (go, go, go... life is short)

- Archers are outgoing, enthusiastic and tend to overstep their bounds as a result, falling prey to the likes of foot-in-mouth disease. (sorry, it don't mean I don't love ya, I just don't shut up!)

-They can talk so fast (and so much) that they don't process the full weight of what they're saying, leading to the occasional hurt feeling. Often, however, their words serve to inspire others and to get things going. (It is seriously a double edge sword. I can VERY enthusiastic, but I also just talk... a lot... and am paying the price with a chronically strained voice)

So yeah... ok, that was long. But yeah... a lot of descriptions talk about loyalty too. I am obnoxiously loyal, but there is also a justice to it, and it gets me in trouble sometimes. But Optimism and gusto, that is me!

Off to the High School Library for two hours. Volunteering there three days a week.

I already have my answer for critics at the church who wanna say something about it. "I've looked in all the drawers and cabinets in my office, and I haven't found any new young people there."

Our pastor volunteers at the school across the street. We don't have any new kids in our church because of it, but who cares? He's not there looking for fresh meat, he's there because he can read to kids who often don't have people at home who will do it. It makes him feel good and it's the right thing to do. You go, Willie! The schools need all the volunteers they can get; tell the parishoners who have a problem with it to shove it up where the sun don't shine.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Hey baby, what's your sign? Do you think it accurately describes you? Do you think astrology has any merit?
Gemini, May 22
I've never really put much merit in it, but I find it interesting.

I need more Goslings, I ran out.

Here you go!

Goslings_ROW989588615.jpg

I need to decide on the next hair color. I am tempted to do Mint Green, but I am thinking I may go with one of my "usuals" since Ladies of UWC is coming up. I am thinking the bright blue. I just think a Mint Green might be cool. But could go very wrong. And if it does I don't want to be on stage with wrong looking hair.

To anybody that paid attention night before last...

Mower is back. They had to grind down the pulley guard a little on one side, because the vibration was causing it to contact the deck every second or so, causing a metal to metal racket.

I guess it's the price you pay for buying a machine that's fabricated as opposed to stamped. Human hands tend to make things a little imperfect. Machines do stamped metal. The same every time, but much thinner and cheaply made.
Kudos to them for being able to figure out the problem, and actually fix it. You don't see that as much now days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom