::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to juggling club shortly. Next week will be a little different, as my juggling partner and I are going to a juggling festival in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. It's being called the Limestone City Juggling Festival. We will leave early on Saturday morning, arrive there by lunchtime, juggle all day, see the stage show that evening and then stay overnight at a motel. Then we'll juggle more on Sunday morning/early afternoon before driving home. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive, and we're going in my car, as he doesn't like to drive (he never has). It sounds like fun!

I need to remember to contact someone from the Saturday morning jam session to let them know I won't be there next weekend. I don't want anyone to be unnecessarily concerned about me....

Off to juggling club shortly. Next week will be a little different, as my juggling partner and I are going to a juggling festival in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. It's being called the Limestone City Juggling Festival. We will leave early on Saturday morning, arrive there by lunchtime, juggle all day, see the stage show that evening and then stay overnight at a motel. Then we'll juggle more on Sunday morning/early afternoon before driving home. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive, and we're going in my car, as he doesn't like to drive (he never has). It sounds like fun!

I need to remember to contact someone from the Saturday morning jam session to let them know I won't be there next weekend. I don't want anyone to be unnecessarily concerned about me....

Years ago I obtained a US passport, for reasons I don't recall. I have never used it, but I have checked, and it's still valid. With the post-9/11 travel changes, I'll finally get to break that bad boy in! It kind of justifies the money I spent getting the passport in the first place....

I bought the Winter 2014 issue of Ukulele magazine from the newsstand at Wegmans today. Jake Shimabukuro is on the cover. I've been really enjoying these....

I had a good time at the jam today. The guys were unusually talkative, so we chatted more than we played.

I was sitting next to a guy who plays guitar. He has lots of technical skills, and uses lots of hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, harmonics, bent notes, etc. The problem is that he has trouble, apparently, with tempo. He doesn't seem to be able to hold a steady tempo, and is either lagging behind or getting ahead of the song. He also plays with a thumb pick and three finger picks, like a banjo player, and is so loud that I can't hear myself play. It made it very difficult when I was trying to lead songs, and was the only one of us singing. I actually lost my place a few times.

I don't think it's my place to say anything to him, or to anyone else about him. I don't want to cause hard feelings, and the truth is, he's a better musician than I am. I guess I'll just have to deal with it, and try not to sit so near him again....

Sounds like he doesn't listen to others when he plays.

Years ago I obtained a US passport, for reasons I don't recall. I have never used it, but I have checked, and it's still valid. With the post-9/11 travel changes, I'll finally get to break that bad boy in! It kind of justifies the money I spent getting the passport in the first place....

I don't think you need a passport for Canada.

Yes, either a valid passport or an enhanced driver's license (which I don't have). I've got it covered with the passport....

You might not need a passport to go to Canada. It's the coming back to the US that's the problem.

Hurricane Ana damage update:
A section of my rain gutter fell down.
If that's all, I'll take it!

Yesterday we found Opah (moonfish) at the market for $5.99 a pound. Normally it's about $25 a pound. So excited about dinner tonight! Going to make panko crusted sautéed Opah!

I have proof playing music lowers blood pressure. I was just running through my seasons songs. Then I checked my BP. 114/73. Nice!

Yay I got a mini!
I also got my Pono back from Andrew. I just love it. When I went to pick it up, Andrew's dad, John Kitakis, said, "Can I see it?" and he looked it over and then said to me, "You have a very special limited run. This is from the koa we cut ourselves. Don't ever get rid of it, keep it."
I replied, "Oh I will, I love it!"
It sure does play nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom