::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, My dad is the same way, incredibly intelligent guy, taught High school Chemistry, and Physics. Computers are not his bag though.

I kind of understand why. I don't understand the thought process of computer engineers at all. When I worked at Cisco my job was pretty much to come up with ideas (I worked in their "think tank" for e-learning). I used to have the hardest time communicating with the programmer/developers because we didn't think the same way. It taught me a lot about working with people.

My kid picks steak or veal parmesan or he really likes this place that specializes in French dip sandwiches . . . at $15.00 a pop.

Mushroom pizza is what he wants for every meal :)

My kids won't touch a mushroom, aren't big fans of steak, and probably wouldn't even try veal parm. If I ever take them out, all they order is chicken fingers or burgers.

Lol! I think mom is an atheist.

Dad said after I left she said she wanted to go to church with me and got emotional. Who the hell knows? Her mind is whacked.

That must be hard for her too. i can't imagine being emotional over stuff that you wouldn't give a second thought to ordinarily.

I hope she levels out soon and you guys can get into a normal routine. Make some you time too!

My kids won't touch a mushroom, aren't big fans of steak, and probably wouldn't even try veal parm. If I ever take them out, all they order is chicken fingers or burgers.

I watched a Jamie Oliver show with my son where he took all the cartiledge and gunk of the chicken and threw it in a blender with some meat to make Mc Nuggets. I can barely get him into a McDonalds for pancakes :)

That must be hard for her too. i can't imagine being emotional over stuff that you wouldn't give a second thought to ordinarily.

I hope she levels out soon and you guys can get into a normal routine. Make some you time too!

I think the worst part right now is not knowing if we can expect it to get any better. Because maybe this is how it will be from now on? It is a possibility we have to consider.

I rarely order burgers because there are always so many other good things on menus. Besides, if I make them at home I usually grind the meat with a Kitchen Aid attachment on my mixer. I use the stew mix packet from costco and then throw in a few boneless country style ribs to add some fat (and I like pork :) ).

Way tastier than prepacked ground beef.

I think the worst part right now is not knowing if we can expect it to get any better. Because maybe this is how it will be from now on? It is a possibility we have to consider.

Oh, that's terrible. I was thinking when they get the thyroid condition under control everything would get a little more normal. I forgot she's had other issues too.

I know you're not a hugger but you just got a big squeezy mental hug.

Oh, that's terrible. I was thinking when they get the thyroid condition under control everything would get a little more normal. I forgot she's had other issues too.

I know you're not a hugger but you just got a big squeezy mental hug.

I'll take it. Basically she is a wreck, head to toe. The thyroid is just the icing on the cake.

I'm trying to think of what I would want for my birthday dinner. I have 5 months to decide!

There's a great, and spendy, restaurant here at the Radisson. It is called Websters Prime. Best chow in town. I think I would go there and get the grass fed beef in some incarnation.

Last edited:
I was just thinking last night that I hadn't seen you for awhile. Bingo! Then you popped up. Hey!

Hey back.:D I was under a false assumption when my youngest started kindergarten my life would get easier. The kids have me super busy with school just starting up. Trying to get back into the routine.

I'm going to try really hard to go to church today. Depends on how weepy mom is. She periodically starts bawling and saying "its all lies" and "nothing matters" etc. Apparently your thyroid being whacked throws emotional management into a tailspin.

It would make for an interesting church service. Hope she improves. You have been a real trooper. Your parents are very lucky to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom