::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beer did pretty good in the Motown Mash!!!

it moved onto a mini-best of show round but didnt make the final cut!

The judges thought it was great one said no pumpkin the other said yes pumpkin...the national judge wanted the reciepe as well cause he said it was fresh with real good spice profile!!! Not bad for my 4th brew!

last night met a guy who hung out at springsteens house for a party recently. He also tipped me very well, better then the host did. He also asked me to get my number so he could use me to tend bar at some dock parties for very rich folks!!

Dieting sucks.

I want to eat everything.

Everything.

Must eat all the food....

We are doing low carb. I don't go too low on them. I still have a bit of bread or rice, sometimes some potatos. But things are going pretty well.

The judges thought it was great one said no pumpkin the other said yes pumpkin...the national judge wanted the reciepe as well cause he said it was fresh with real good spice profile!!! Not bad for my 4th brew!

Brewmaster Kenvin!

I was talking about tiny travel trailers the other day. Here's a nice looking one.

image.php

I love teardrops but they are very small.

I really hope I can bring my van to UWC next year. It all depends on if everyone that said they wanted to come follow thru. My two sisters and 3 daughters say they want to. And we'd pick up Kim on the way. I hope it happens but I know how life can get in the way. If they all flake on me I'll just fly like usual.

But having my van there would be the best. It has a small fridge, pump sink and porta-pottie. It has two queen size beds and a pump shower I can rig off the back doors. I have a fold out kitchen to cook on.

Besides a 3 thousand mile road trip would be the bomb!

Very cool.

Why thank you. Also the guest brewery still gets to choose their Best of show beer which would be brewed at their brewery and served at the bar the comp happened at!! So I could still get something....

The beer was also blind judged and the one judge is a member of my club. So I can ask him more on Tuesday if he is there.

I take medicine for this (PVCs; premature ventricular contractions), and have for years. The medicine controls it very well. It's actually a pretty alarming sensation when it is severe....

Me too. I take cardizem. It takes care of the problem for the most part.

Up until the last couple of months, I haven't had any problem for the last 2 years since he put me on it. In fact, it was 2 years almost to the day when I went to the hospital because I had them for six hours without letting up. They found problems during some kind of heart test they did on me, and did a heart cath. That cleared everything up, and he said my heart was in great shape.

It might be time to up the dosage or something.

Conga-rats Kenvin!!

Last night we were running just a little slower than we originally intended, going to the 3:25pm Interstellar instead of the 11:30. This meant we got out of the movie about 6:30, and we were still in town (what locals call greater Honolulu) so we decided to eat at MarukameUDON instead of grilling the tri-tip. Well tonight I made the tri-tip and roasted vegetables. YUM! Had one if the Mana Wheat beers too. All in all a very nice evening. Looking forward to leftover birthday cake in a little bit. Nanilei baked me a three layer dark chocolate cake, filled with sliced bananas in pastry cream, with whipped cream frosting. Delicious!

Oh by the way some of you may have heard of T&C Surf Designs, or Town & Country, a surfer clothing line. I grew up with them being a local fixture in Newport and Huntington, and used to look forward to picking up one of the free canvas backpacks you would get from the shop when you went to get back-to-school clothes. Anyway, it was only recently that I figured out what it meant. Here on Oahu, anything in and around the South shore is called "Town" and the North shore is called "Country." So they have the whole island covered.

Last night we were running just a little slower than we originally intended, going to the 3:25pm Interstellar instead of the 11:30. This meant we got out of the movie about 6:30, and we were still in town (what locals call greater Honolulu) so we decided to eat at MarukameUDON instead of grilling the tri-tip. Well tonight I made the tri-tip and roasted vegetables. YUM! Had one if the Mana Wheat beers too. All in all a very nice evening. Looking forward to leftover birthday cake in a little bit. Nanilei baked me a three layer dark chocolate cake, filled with sliced bananas in pastry cream, with whipped cream frosting. Delicious!

Just wondering...did the beer have any kind of pineapple taste to it?

Or was it just, well, beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom