::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phrase of the Day:

"He could weave a tapestry of profanity."

(My friend, Josh, talking about his uncle Bill, who happened to be sitting next to me at the time.)

part of my homework this week is to put together Let's Dance in a way that is original to me. The problem is that once you've sat down and watched all of Jake's live performances online, you realise that nothing is ever gonna sound as good as the way he's done it. Struggling not to plagiarise large chunks of his arrangements

part of my homework this week is to put together Let's Dance in a way that is original to me. The problem is that once you've sat down and watched all of Jake's live performances online, you realise that nothing is ever gonna sound as good as the way he's done it. Struggling not to plagiarise large chunks of his arrangements

make it a Polka

I thought it was kind of..... well, not sure how to put it.

I should reword my post.

I'm not down on the guy. I'm sad that my image of him is different than his reality.

And a little of how he chose to word his marketing of himself and his products.

I saw the aforementioned artist. Nick told me about him. We went to see him. One song in and I turned to Nick and said, "Ka'au Crater Boys?" Yep. He is the sound of that duo. One of my favorite modern Hawaiian albums. It's a great album, I recommend it.

Why aren't they still together? No idea. But he never mention the groups name so I figure it was a rough break up. But they were HUGE back in the day.

Anyway, he has a solo career now touring with his daughters. Very entertaining and he makes his playing look effortless, if you liked the Crater Boys, you'll love his show. He's still got it.

Just a feeling, I have no idea, but I felt just a touch of desperation, maybe?

Phrase of the Day:

"He could weave a tapestry of profanity."

(My friend, Josh, talking about his uncle Bill, who happened to be sitting next to me at the time.)

Ha! Sounds like my kinda guy.

One time my mom let off a line of expletives and walked out of the room. My sis turned to my dad and asked him, "so dad, what's it like being married to Popeye?"

I miss mom.

Hey Mike and Mim,

I have a student looking for a uke with about $150.00 to spend. I pointed her to the two of you. She already bought a soprano from GC and took it back (on my advice) because the action was super high and the neck was twisted. I think she's leaning towards a concert scale now. I've been too busy to research for her, can she afford a concert? My last uke was my custom so I'm not really up on the cost of ukes any more.

Hey Mike and Mim,

I have a student looking for a uke with about $150.00 to spend. I pointed her to the two of you. She already bought a soprano from GC and took it back (on my advice) because the action was super high and the neck was twisted. I think she's leaning towards a concert scale now. I've been too busy to research for her, can she afford a concert? My last uke was my custom so I'm not really up on the cost of ukes any more.

I can sell her a nice one with a slight cosmetic flaw at that price.

When you say Let's Dance, my brain goes to David Bowie, not Jake. Ha!

I can sell her a nice one with a slight cosmetic flaw at that price.

Perfect.

I asked her about blems and she's fine with that. I don't know if I'll see her again today but I'll let her know by the end of the week and have her contact you.

Thanks Mike.

My prep period and I'm being entertained by two kids playing my guitars.

One kid is playing the Rain Song. LOVE that song.

I should reword my post.

I'm not down on the guy. I'm sad that my image of him is different than his reality.

And a little of how he chose to word his marketing of himself and his products.

I think he needs to think outside of his comfort zone. Do some lessons, busking, get some gigs or even a non-ukulele related job or even government assistance if really needed.

On the plane! Left early to find a short for under my tails! I am super excited to see everyone and I think the show is going to be a success! People are really excited about it! It is going to be a whirl wind but I am gonna try to check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom