::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also a senior in my class who has her first boyfriend. Apparently she's feeling very girly and went to get make-up applied professionally. Since then she's been unsuccessfully trying to replicate that session. So sad. She reminds me of Red Skelton.

Red Skelton?!?!? Man, you ARE old!:rolleyes:

Now I'm thinking about Ralph Rotten . . .

Rafe Report:

Tonight is batting cage time and pizza for dinner.

Tomorrow is basketball league. I'm heading to a farewell dinner at the restaurant where I used to be a sushi chef. The owner sold the business and is having a party. I guess I represent the early years :)

Sunday is a pizza party for his tournament basketball team.

All kid stuff. Every weekend.

Two of the three.

What you had came in second according to the docs.

Yeah sure, like they've had it.

It's worse than childbirth....oh wait, you haven't done that either ;)

And I never said mine was worse. Just said it was painful. I was not competing, just commenting.

So, if Hawaiians never plan, how do they get anything done? And how do you find out when anything (like tonight) is happening?

I'll give you some examples:
Some of the musicians I like will post to FB or IG about upcoming gigs, just usually with not enough notice for me to do anything about it.
The worst posts are "We had so much fun at [venue] last night!" Arrrrrgh!
Sometimes I go to the venue websites and check the event calendar, same with the Friday paper entertainment listings.

BUT

Sometimes I will just FB message one of the musicians we know and ask - any good music this weekend? Are you playing? etc.
A couple of weeks ago we did that, she said yes they were playing, we go down there and no one showed up!
Said the next day they could not get a guitar player. One of these days *I* will be able to join, I just know it. I know a lot of the songs they all play.

Or like this Hu`Ewa gig, some places had listed that it was last week, some say it is this week. I'm hoping it is still going on, we will know in a few hours :)

I had a kidney stone. It hurt A LOT. The fact that the pain was intermittent and random was kind of hard to take. I was young, like 12, it was weird.

I have broken my collarbone, but by far the worst was my wrist. The collarbone was almost no big deal. My wrist really hurt though, smashed the end of my radius into pieces. Needed surgery/pins to fix it. I had to spend the night in the hospital and had surgery in the morning. The nurse came in every few hours to give me a shot of demerol for pain but there were times that I was just crying from the pain that would not relent.

Thanx all, everything is very appreciated. All signs point to Type 1 D. They are saying he will be in for at least 5 days to get him regulated. It sux, but it could have been something a lot worse, so we feel a bit of relief as well.

Thanks for the update. PoHoMoJo shall continue.

I'll give you some examples:
Some of the musicians I like will post to FB or IG about upcoming gigs, just usually with not enough notice for me to do anything about it.
The worst posts are "We had so much fun at [venue] last night!" Arrrrrgh!
Sometimes I go to the venue websites and check the event calendar, same with the Friday paper entertainment listings.

BUT

Sometimes I will just FB message one of the musicians we know and ask - any good music this weekend? Are you playing? etc.
A couple of weeks ago we did that, she said yes they were playing, we go down there and no one showed up!
Said the next day they could not get a guitar player. One of these days *I* will be able to join, I just know it. I know a lot of the songs they all play.

Or like this Hu`Ewa gig, some places had listed that it was last week, some say it is this week. I'm hoping it is still going on, we will know in a few hours :)

Wow! That is interesting! Hope it is still going on so you can see it!

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words about Buddy today. I appreciate it very much. Tomorrow will be a better day....

I have never had pancreatitis or kidney stones. Sounds horrible. I deal with chronic pain. I've been improving but I still have bad days. The worse pain for me is definitely TN (trigeminal neuralgia). I have nerve damage in my face and neck and part of it is TN. It's horrible and it's an emergency when it happens. It's hard to describe, but it's how I imagine a lightening strike would feel...repeatedly. I'm not being dramatic when I say it's an emergency. It's very painful and scary and if it happens when I'm alone, Hubs has to leave work and take me to the dr immediately. They had to give me an MRI when it first started happening. I have not had issues with it for a while. My medicine helps. I'm not trying to sound like a topper by sharing this. It's just a rare medical issue that is worth learning about.

Just read a little bit about TN. That's sounds terribly painful. I'm so sorry.

Do they know what causes it?

Guys, prayers, vibes, mojo, what ever ya got, is requested for Son #4 Caleb. He has not been well, and has been losing his appetite, and weight for a wile now, but said nothing to us till yesterday. He has been growing so fast lately, we all thought that is why he looked so skinny. Sue took him to the Dr. this am, and he has lost 20 pounds since October. The Drs. are saying Type 1 Diabetes, they are on the way to the hospital now, because he has lost so much weight, and I am on the way to meet them. Not sure how long the stay will be. Much appreciation in advance.

So sorry to hear...

Will be sending thoughts his way.

Hu'ewa is REALLY GOOD!
The kid playing bass and singing - he is 16 - amazing - oh, and he just happens be Sean Naauau's son!

These 3 are all young and the lead singer / ukule has an especially beautiful voice.he also said he is playing again Sunday so we are going there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom