::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buskers are cool! Live music is awesome! :shaka:

On the path between my place and the Wolfman's...

CDCFDA95-19A9-4FD7-A1E0-4DBFCBCF0300.jpg

It never gets really hot here, just warm-ish. I miss summer. I have to wear Uggs year-round.

How purdy! I love that part of the country....

Back on movies, I watched "Lawless" last night. Pretty good true story about some moonshiners during prohibition. I was towards the end right at the climax of the movie when the power went out, had to finish it today.

Heehee. Mike said climax. Heehee.

Ok, TV update (as if anybody cares): ;)

I went to Time Warner Cable this afternoon, and exchanged the dead cable box from our sitting room without any problem. Brought it home, hooked it up, and I'm back in business in that room.

Elaine's friend of a friend that does TV repairs called, finally, about the big screen TV in the living room. After some discussion, he seems to think that the problem there may not be the TV at all. He suggested taking the good cable box I just got today for the sitting room, and trying it with the living room TV.

So, I have disconnected that box yet again, and reinstalled it in the living room as an experiment. It's going through its booting up process now. If this works (and I hope it does!), this box will remain in the living room and I'll get another exchange from TWC.

I'm sure the boxes I'm being supplied with are refurbished, not new. They have no packaging, and no paperwork. Just a cable box and a power cord. Maybe that's part of the issue.

It's all booted up, and....

Partial success! It didn't work (again), but this time it reacted differently. That led me to try moving the HDMI cable from the cable box to the TV to a different HDMI connector....the TV has several. It worked! Apparently the HDMI connector #1 has failed on the TV set. Both of the other two still work, though. Now I have switched the TV back to its original cable box, and it's rebooting again. This problem may finally be resolved!

Back on movies, I watched "Lawless" last night. Pretty good true story about some moonshiners during prohibition. I was towards the end right at the climax of the movie when the power went out, had to finish it today.

I hate it when my power gives out before the climax.

Folks have been talking about movies here lately. We watch very, very few movies. The most recent movie I saw at the theater was the last Harry Potter film. We never watch movies on TV. The current crop of movie "stars" are all unknowns to me....

Hooray Don, glad to hear it was just the HDMI port.
My cable problem is a bit larger. I thought I told them last week I was paying the bill tomorrow (rent more important than cable) and they said OK. I guess they heard I was paying the bill yesterday. So today they shut it off. Poor Nanilei.
Going to try and disconnect the DVR box and see if basic still works for tonight...

Buskers are cool! Live music is awesome! :shaka:

On the path between my place and the Wolfman's...

CDCFDA95-19A9-4FD7-A1E0-4DBFCBCF0300.jpg

It never gets really hot here, just warm-ish. I miss summer. I have to wear Uggs year-round.
It's pretty, though. You are more of a flip-flop girl to me.

Just opened my first bottle of my last batch of Mr. Beer beer...and the results are kind of boring. Not terrible. Not amazing. Just...there.

Just opened my first bottle of my last batch of Mr. Beer beer...and the results are kind of boring. Not terrible. Not amazing. Just...there.

It will tide me over until my next batch - NOT from the Mr. Beer - is ready. And that will be going into my "new" kegerator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom