::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an rv place we have a ten foot driveway that's falling over. Not ideal for a 28 ft rv...we can still use it but we need to park it somewhere till we get a better house of sorts.

I see. Sounds good.

Just converted my wife's baritone to gcea. I need to look into a gcea set that is an octave lower.

Guadelupe Strings in Los Angeles. If you buy direct you have to buy 5 sets I think....it's been awhile. Not good for strumming. Better for picking. Turns it into an okay bass. I have two baritones, one strung each way.

My first guitar was a cheap, crappy Yamaha steel-string acoustic. Smallish body, all plywood, high action... all the stereotypes of how bad inexpensive guitars were in the 70s.

And despite its too obvious shortcomings, tune that bad boy to open G and play slide and it sounds astounding. Way better than it should. Deep bass, aggressive punch, a little sparkle in the treble.

It's now in the possession of my sons.

:) I'm going to put the skills I learned in Rick's class to use and lower the action at the bridge. It can't be lowered too much but it should be fun to see if I can dial it in.

Mom is doing really good this morning, conversation and language wise. Also did a really good transfer to the chair where she lifted her feet and everything.

My heart is happy.

Still a long week ahead, pray for our rehoming plans!!!

Yay!

Good news is ALWAYS welcomed!

That is a great story.

It should probably be noted that my grandfather would have wanted my dad to have everything of his. They were pretty close. Because of my aunt, he got absolutely nothing. It caused such a rift in the family that even my dad's cousins won't speak to my aunt.

It's sad. Her husband passed away recently and I'm guessing nobody from our side of the family attended the funeral. I just found out he passed away and it's been six months. Family turning on family sure is ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom