::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow, a couple of months ago, I got into the habit of having a glass of chocolate milk an hour or so before bed. It's gotten to the point where I really look forward to it....

I LOVED Strawberry Quick as a kid.

So...I'm sitting in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express in Roseburg, Oregon, so I can use their wifi. They were very kind to let me sit here as I wait for Sheryl to come pick me up (I'm about 200 miles south of home).

Why am I sitting here?

Well...I was on my way to my meeting in Southern California. I was driving, left at 1:30 a.m. At a little after 4:00 a.m. I saw what looked like a white plastic bag fluttering toward me from the left. It was a VERY brief look before WHAM! Turns out what looked like a bag was actually a deer.

My car is very small. I was going 70 mph. The deer is very dead.

As is my little car.

Now I'm waiting for Sheryl to get here and take me home - I will be flying to my meeting now, which makes my evening out with Sally more challenging (since I had my own car it was going to be easy to get away and meet up with her...now I will be sharing with coworkers. Ugh.).

I am not very fond of deer right now.

Honda must have done good when they built your car. I'm really surprised, but happy, you weren't hurt.

I LOVED Strawberry Quick as a kid.

Never had the strawberry. Quik was an occasional luxury, as was Hershey's Syrup. Ovaltine and Bosco were forbidden fruit.

Gave the lad a bottle of Bosco in his Christmas stocking a few years ago. He was meh. (So was I, truth to tell.)

I am very low on energy today and in a low mood. Trying to play ukulele to lift my spirits and it isn't working. Now waiting for the espresso to come on board. Hope it helps.

I love chocolate milk. Either Hershey's or Quik. I have not had either one in years though. My favorite way to make it is in a pint glass that has been in the freezer for a while so that you get some little frozen milk chunks in it.

YUM!

So here is how lame I am. Yesterday I had been practicing, practicing my seasons song. Then made dinner, got sucked into watching TV with Nanilei, then realized OH CRAP I have to make a video! It was 11:30pm. I tried to play quietly and sing quietly with the window shut but I was afraid of being too loud and waking up the neighbors' 4 yappy dogs. I listened to the video. Can't hear a lot of it and I made two horrible flubs. Dejected, I went to bed.
I'll try and re-record it and put it up on the Island of Misfit Seasonistas.

We had Strawberry Quick as kids, but we were much more fond of the chocolate. I think we used up the first strawberry canister Mom bought (eventually), and never got it again....

Chocolate quick for malts and chocolate milk, strawberry milk sprinkled on ice cream.

Forgot about the Giants game when some of my kids asked me to watch them play volleyball.

::smh::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom