::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of cookies, here is what I made for the Christmas lunch at work.
I'm sure that, as far as bakers go, they look like a cookie fail... but they were fun to make and so tasty!

The first time I ever saw melted snowman cookies was at our Girl Scout Troop bake-off a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved them!

attachment.php

Code:
[CENTER]Heart And Soul
Frank Loesser[/CENTER]

[C] Heart and [Am] soul, [F] I fell in [G] love with you
[C] Lost con[Am]trol, [F] the way a [G] fool would do,
[C] Glad[Am]ly... 
[F]Because you [G] held me [C] tight,
[Am] And stole a [F] kiss in the [G] night...

[C] Heart and [Am] soul, [F] I begged to [G] be adored,
[C] Lost con[Am]trol, [F] and tumbled [G] overboard,
[C] Glad[Am]ly...
[F] That magic [G] night we [C] kissed, [Am]
[F] There in the [G] moon mist.

[F] Oh! but your lips were [G7] thrill[C]ing,
[G] much [C] too [G] thrill[C]ing,
[F] Never before were [G] mine [C] so [G] strange[C]ly [G] willing.

But, [C] now I [Am] see, [F] what one em[G]brace can do,
[C] Look at [Am] me, [F] it's got me [G] loving you,
[C] Mad[Am]ly...
[F] That little [G] kiss you [C] stole, [Am]
[F] Held all my [G] heart and [C] soul.
[Am] [F] [G] [C]

Heart And Soul. Basicly (1 6m 4 5) [C Am F and G in this case] except for the bridge which is a one, five mix. Actually I messed with the bridge 'til I was happy with it. I hope Mr. Loesser would approve.

Code:
I [F] wish I could carry your [C] smile in my heart,
For [F] times when my life seems [C] so low.
It would [F] make me believe what to[Em]morrow could bring,
When [Am] today doesn't really [F] know, Doesn't really [G] know.

Last edited:
well I see no recipe here, what goes there?

Easy way:
1. Buy Sugar Cookies
2. Make Royal Icing
3. Spread icing on cookies
4. Spray a plate with oil and place marshmallows on plate.
5. Microwave 20-30 seconds until the bottom of the marshmallows puffs out
6. Spray fingers with oil or use shortening to keep marshmallows from sticking to your fingers and place marshmallows on cookies
7. When Icing dries, decorate.

I am not a huge fan of sugar cookies so I made Chocolate Cutout Cookies

I made these cookies once before but they were too rich and very dry. I had a hard time getting them off the pan without breaking them.

This time, I followed some suggestions in the comments and added a tsp of vanilla extract and an egg yolk. Also, I did not refrigerate the dough; once made, it is workable. If you are rolling out shapes, you might not want to skip that step in the recipe. I made them a lot thicker than the recipe suggests (pinched off pieces of dough and shaped them by hand, they were about 1/2" thick) and baked for 8 minutes.

They came out crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. Tasted like a brownie. Very yummy!

Royal Icing:
3 egg whites
3 tsp. lemon juice
16oz confectioner's sugar

Beat egg whites with lemon juice. Gradually beat in sugar. Done.
Well, mostly done. For the melty snow effect, after you add the sugar, mix in water, a tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.

She went to a special school for it too I think :wtf:

I don't doubt it. Curly hair shouldn't be cut the same as straight hair. The results are horrific if someone doesn't understand this... I've had some horrific cuts in my lifetime! The last one took me over a year to get fixed. I wanted layers, not hair shelves!!! :) Currently, I travel an hour one way to see my hair wizard because she is that awesome!!

The first time I ever saw melted snowman cookies was at our Girl Scout Troop bake-off a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved them!

The best part about making them is that it is okay if it looks like a drunk monkey decorated them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom