::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like skunks and luckily have never had a problem with them, I know they are around. Skunks eat honeybees, they will sit outside a bee hive and scratch at the door. The bees come out and the skunk will eat them by the hundred. Aside from all of that, I like skunks, they are pretty smart and in the same family as otters (also weasels, but I'll ignore that). When I was a teenager I volunteered at the Cincinnati Zoo, they had this huge albino skunk named Snowflake that was awesome. He was kind of like a huge friendly cat, that was cooler than a cat.

I've heard they make good pets. A woman down the street use to have a couple. When we have sat traps out, it's never to harm them. It's just to relocate. The tricky part is being able to move the trap without getting sprayed. I think the secret is to make sure the trap isn't too big so the skunk can't raise its tail (or turn around). And maybe throw a blanket over the trap so it can't spray on me directly...if you can get close enough. We have had skunks live in our barn and under our back porch. We have sat live traps out. But the skunks have always moved on before getting trapped. The only casualty we have had was the one our old dog got ahold of.

It about a 3 month season, March into June. So far we've had watches and warnings but no actual tornados where I live. It seems like there will be a few storms that we have to pay close attention to. The warning systems week pretty good. The severe weather seems to pass to the south or well north. I'm in Leavenworth and there hasn't been a confirmed tornado here in living memory. We do get great thunderstorms.

This reminds me, we went to Toto, Indiana Wednesday.

Something I've discovered in the time I've been with the forum...

If somebody shows up in the 'thread information' here and they've been there a long time without posting, even though you've went to other threads and back....you can hit the 'forum' tab at the top, and if they are really off line they won't show up at the bottom of the page as a 'currently active user'. You come back to the thread and <POOF> they're gone.

Just another useless piece of information I've given to all to digest.

You're welcome. :)

Something I've discovered in the time I've been with the forum...

If somebody shows up in the 'thread information' here and they've been there a long time without posting, even though you've went to other threads and back....you can hit the 'forum' tab at the top, and if they are really off line they won't show up at the bottom of the page as a 'currently active user'. You come back to the thread and <POOF> they're gone.

Just another useless piece of information I've given to all to digest.

You're welcome. :)

Yes.

I've got way too much time on my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom