::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned cursive in 3rd grade. I only use it when I write the Christmas note from Santa now. I'd kind of like to start using it again, but I'm afraid the girls would recognize Santa's handwriting.

If I ever have the time, I want to learn how to write in Spencerian script for those letters from Santa-- it might be worth looking into for something formal the girls would have to take a second look at :)

OK, driveway done for the first time. i think we're just getting started.

Didn't read this until too late.

While I was there I got the oil changed. I'm using full synthetic. Any opinions out there on that?

My car requires full synthetic oil. It's the first time I've had one that did. There is no discernible difference from my perspective, other than cost. For all I know, though, it may be doing a better job on my engine, internally....

My signature was cursive once. Now it's just an indecipherable scrawl that I'm quite proud of. You can still make out my initials if you use your imagination.

I learned cursive in grade school, too. I gave up using it as soon as it was permissible in school to do so. I generally print everything in capitol, block lettering. I find that I write much more legibly that way, and much more quickly, too.

I have noticed that even my printing has suffered from lack of use. Much more keyboarding, now, and fewer occasions to write since retiring. My signature is a scrawl, too, but I'm not at all pleased with it. My father, and the men of his generation, typically had beautiful handwriting. There was a special "method" that they taught in school, back then....

We're expecting a significant snowfall tonight. The average guesstimate is about a foot. In anticipation of that, I spent quite a bit of time rearranging the garage such that I can get my car inside. It'll keep me from having to unbury it tomorrow, and will allow the plow guy better access to clear the driveway.

This will be the first time this car has ever been in the garage, and I've been driving it for almost five years. It won't know how to act....

my house is only 10 percent humidity right now, and of the place I'm keeping my ukuleles is it is hanging around 30. Is that going to be adequate? Or do I need to ramp it up?

my house is only 10 percent humidity right now, and of the place I'm keeping my ukuleles is it is hanging around 30. Is that going to be adequate? Or do I need to ramp it up?

They should be okay, depending on how they're stored. Are they sitting out, exposed to the room air? Or are they in cases? Do the cases have humidifiers?

Mine live in their cases, without humidifiers, in a closet. All except for one, which sits out in the living room in a stand. I've never checked the humidity here, and I'm sure I should, but I've never had any problems....

They should be okay, depending on how they're stored. Are they sitting out, exposed to the room air? Or are they in cases? Do the cases have humidifiers?

Mine live in their cases, without humidifiers, in a closet. All except for one, which sits out in the living room in a stand. I've never checked the humidity here, and I'm sure I should, but I've never had any problems....

They are in drawers with water and hygrometers.

Just crawled into my tent on my van to sleep. It's after 3am. It was a wonderful last party at my folks house. We all ate and drank and played music. It was a wonderful last party with much joy and some tears. Every thing we wanted. It was very bittersweet.

I hope some day to own a chunk of dirt that means as much to my kids as this one has meant to me and my siblings.
That must have been a really nice way to say goodbye, with all your family, kind of like a house wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom