::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and I still say there's no more crap going on out there now than there used to be when we were kids. It's just that media is a constant 24/7/365 barrage of sensationalized stories that it seems so much worse.

School shootings, and kids armed?

I still say times have changed, media or no. (But I get what you're saying.)

Some of the keezer builds on HBT are crazy beautiful. I know exactly where I could put one in the house. Sigh.

Yes they are, I have been looking at a bunch of the fridge conversion ones too lately. With taps out the front. Man I need to find a cheap extra fridge somewhere.

OK, after much tinkering, maybe this is workable.

Code:
[CENTER]Dust in the wind
Kansas[/CENTER]

[C] [G] [Am], [G] [Dm] [Am]

I [C] closed [G] my [Am] eyes, [G] only for a [Dm] moment and the [Am] moment is gone
[C] All [G] my [Am] dreams, [G] passed before my [Dm] eyes in cur[Am]iousity

[D] Dust [G] in the [Am] wind, [D] all we are is [G] dust in the [Am] wind [G]

[C] Same [G] old [Am] song, [G] just a drop of [Dm] water in a [Am] endless sea
[C] All [G] we [Am] do, [G] crumbles to the [Dm] ground though we re[Am]fused to see

[D] Dust [G] in the [Am] wind, [D] all we are is [G] dust in the [Am] wind [G]

instrumental:
[C] [G] [Am] [G] [Dm] [Am] X2?

Now [C] don't [G] hang [Am] on, [G] nothing last for[Dm]ever but the [Am] earth and sky
It [C] slips [G] a[Am]way, and [G] all your money [Dm] would another [Am] minute buy

[D] Dust [G] in the [Am] wind, [D] all we are is [G] dust in the [Am] wind,
[D] All we are is [G] Dust in the [Am] wind.

[D] Dust [G] In the [Am] wind, [D] everything is [G] dust In the [Am] wind,
[D] Everything is [G] dust In the [Am] wind.

Good one for tinkering. Thanks.

Yes they are, I have been looking at a bunch of the fridge conversion ones too lately. With taps out the front. Man I need to find a cheap extra fridge somewhere.

Craigslist. I got my little one for $20. Lots of others out there for cheap.

I was scared to take packages from a worker who just came back from the middle east. The next day he said he had some sort of flu and wasnt working. :yikes:

Um...the problem is in West Africa...the Middle East is unaffected.

(Oh, I guess they have recently had their own death plague, though)

MMStan sent me a recipe for pumpkin "something". It looks delicious. I decided to make it for Monday's ukulele club meeting. (We are celebrating the 9th anniversary of the club's founding). Well....after reading the recipe I see it needs some haupia pudding mix. What are the chances I will find some in time to make it Sunday? I am off to World Market. The website says they have it. Thank goodness World Market is not all that far away.
I love world market. That's the only place I can find Tim Tams.

I have one bottle of my first batch left. That stuff is crazy carbonated. Almost too much to drink it enjoyably. The Belgian is perfect and so is the octoberfest.

Pour it into a glass with a lot of head (have at it).

That's why Japanese beers are so carbonated. They account for the custom of pouring into small glasses for each other.

That's what I was told by our beer rep when I was a sushi chef anyhow.

...and I still say there's no more crap going on out there now than there used to be when we were kids. It's just that media is a constant 24/7/365 barrage of sensationalized stories that it seems so much worse.

:agree: Although according to stats, youth involved in crimes with fatalities is much higher than it's ever been.

I went to the Shakespearean Festival in Ashland, OR with school when I was in 8th and 9th grades. Minimal to no supervision. Plenty of teachers and chaperones in town who you'd run into from time to time, but we were given the strict "we trust you and expect you to behave" speeches and we stuck to it. We were required to wander with at least one buddy, though. Still - not sure you'd find that any more. Of course...Ben went to the state thespian festival over night - he had some freedom there. He was senior high, though, not junior high.

Senior year I went to Hawaii with my band, drill team and tall flag. We were there 10 days, 3 different islands. We had chaperones. Ours was Mr. Zellar, a math teacher. On the night before we left, there was a knock on our hotel room door. It was Mr. Zellar. He asked, "are you kids with us?" It was the very first time we had seen him the entire trip.

It was 1979, we were 18, the legal drinking age, and Maui Wowie was sold on most street corners.

Rafe Report:

Tonight we are having movie night at home with a boat load of popcorn and a bunch of candy that James doesn't ordinarily get to eat.

Tomorrow is a Legobuild at the Lego store and then house clean up day.

Sunday is basketball and maybe a bbq day if the weather is nice.

Kind of a slow weekend for us.

I haven't touched sugar in 35 days. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Weekend report...and beyond!

We will be pumpkin patching tomorrow - going to a farm that has made a big business out of it. It will be fun.

I will be leaving for Southern California on Sunday - will be in Corona, CA, all week for a team meeting for work. The best part is that I get to see Sally on Thursday evening...

Weekend report...and beyond!

We will be pumpkin patching tomorrow - going to a farm that has made a big business out of it. It will be fun.

I will be leaving for Southern California on Sunday - will be in Corona, CA, all week for a team meeting for work. The best part is that I get to see Sally on Thursday evening...

the little people farm???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom