::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he's no Engelbert Humperdinck, but.....................

The president of Engelburts worldwide fan club is a reAlly introverted female neighbor of mine. She NEVER says hello. She NEVER acknowledges you or even smiles. Her husband is dead, but before he died he and I were friends. He told me that every vacation their entire marriage was spent following EH around on tour. One time the local newspaper did a two page spread on her showing off her EH room in their house. It was like a shrine.

The president of Engelburts worldwide fan club is a reAlly introverted female neighbor of mine. She NEVER says hello. She NEVER acknowledges you or even smiles. Her husband is dead, but before he died he and I were friends. He told me that every vacation their entire marriage was spent following EH around on tour. One time the local newspaper did a two page spread on her showing off her EH room in their house. It was like a shrine.

When I was a busboy one of our waitresses "comforted" EH after a concert at The Circle Star Theater. She left in the morning with a full length mink coat and a very nice diamond pendant. He really takes care of his "fans."

The reason I remember her story is because she went on for weeks about how extremely well endowed he was.

(Over share?)

I can imagine this for Tom Jones. But Englebert Humperdink? Merde!

I'm a financial train wreck waiting to happen, but I'd take the lump sum and invest to create my own annuity from the interest.

I was just thinking that if the annuity were over $100K annually, I could live very comfortably and so why bother? Would hate to have my amazing investment tank when I should have gone for a sure thing.

When I had my field service job the IT department of a client company hit a jackpot. They took the annuity. Each person gets a check for $35,000 every year for 20 years. So they still work and all that, but wow talk about a nice vacation fund every year, and not having to worry about bills piling up. One guy even kept his same car, an older Camaro, but he but a brand new Corvette motor in it. Stuff like that.

Indifference here.

I think he's fine, just not for me.

Madonna, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carrey, Bruce Springsteen (gasp!) . . . there's a whole slew of popular artists that just don't do it for me.

You may be the only other person I know that feels that way about Springsteen.

Wow.............................

What does it say about me that many of the songs I like best are in a minor key?

Every time I go to a Jake concert I see Helen. Helen is, at best, in her late 60s. The first time I met her she tried to kick me out of my seat, saying she had reserved the first bazillion rows for her friends. She bought 75 tickets, really. Anyway...we were in the front row, seats 3&4 from the center. PERFECT SEATS...anyway....we got to chatting, even though I refused to move -- she did like my spunk. So, she tells me she follows Jake around the country going to his shows. She doesn't play the ukulele. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom