::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about that wreck though, from what I heard the cop ran into her and then smelled alcohol on her.

Sort of - She was driving along, it was very late (like 3am) and the cop entered the intersection against the light with lights and siren on and got hit broadside. The cop allegedly came to nearly a complete stop before entering the intersection. Yes, after the incident the cop smelled alochol on her, so it is not like she was pulled over for poor driving, but perhaps if she were not impaired then the accident would not have happened. It is a tough call. The thing is, even at 3am, I don't think it is really possible to travel at speeds high enough in Waikiki to have this not be an avoidable accident, unless the cop gunned it right in front of her as she entered the intersection. I have been in that same type of accident, where I did not have a stop sign and an old lady pulled out right in front of me, but I was going 40+ MPH. I can't see going that fast in Waikiki, the streets are really tight. There are so many crosswalks with no signals in Waikiki and sirens and stuff that I am always on hyper alert driving around there so I don't hit any pedestrians (an epidemic here) so I can believe that she was being perhaps a bit too cavalier.

I must be odd....shut up....
I like her. I saw an interview she did and it made me like her more.

You're not odd at all. We all just have different opinions. Britni P. left me feeling that way a bit too but I think she may just be a touch of a scared kid. Her mom seemed to be a force to be reckoned with. No idea, just my observations at NAMM.

Oh and I REALLY wanted to take Bruce S. home with me. He's adorable and has the same sweet demeanor as his brother and Aldrine.

Maybe I just like boy uke players......nah, I love Sarah M.

You're not odd at all. We all just have different opinions. Britni P. left me feeling that way a bit too but I think she may just be a touch of a scared kid. Her mom seemed to be a force to be reckoned with. No idea, just my observations at NAMM.

Oh and I REALLY wanted to take Bruce S. home with me. He's adorable and has the same sweet demeanor as his brother and Aldrine.

Maybe I just like boy uke players......nah, I love Sarah M.

Britni broke up with her mom last year.

She was supposed to tour in Ca. but fired her mom, moved in with her girlfriend and is taking control of her life. I must have touched a chord with her in a FB message I left about cancelling the tour. She apologized for canceling and explained everything going on with her.

I didn't know whether to charge her for counseling or send encouragement :)

Britni broke up with her mom last year.

She was supposed to tour in Ca. but fired her mom, moved in with her girlfriend and is taking control of her life. I must have touched a chord with her in a FB message I left about cancelling the tour. She apologized for canceling and explained everything going on with her.

I didn't know whether to charge her for counseling or send encouragement :)
Wow! Good for her. Making her own path. I hope she and her mom can have a healthy relationship.

Just my intuition talking, but you could feel the tension at NAMM a couple years ago. Mom was sending stage directions with her eyes from the audience at her while she was playing. Britni was focusing anywhere but at her.

Having run a kids performing group for 17 years I can tell a stage mom from 300 feet.

I must be odd....shut up....
I like her. I saw an interview she did and it made me like her more.

OK. I will stop. I have never seen her perform in person. It is easy enough for me to do, so I will reserve judgement until I meet her. Carry on!

Wow! Good for her. Making her own path. I hope she and her mom can have a healthy relationship.

Just my intuition talking, but you could feel the tension at NAMM a couple years ago. Mom was sending stage directions with her eyes from the audience at her while she was playing. Britni was focusing anywhere but at her.

Having run a kids performing group for 17 years I can tell a stage mom from 300 feet.

I figured I must have timed my message to her just right. It felt like she was venting and I was a safe person to vent to since I have no connection to her and my email was sympathetic and caring.

I was pretty surprised to get back a response with so much personal info.

She's amazing, but I wish she had more stage presence. I saw her play with Kalei and she can hold her own. She can play what he does but makes it look effortless or passionless depending on your interpretation.

Curse the person who left a ginormous bowl of Ghirardelli holiday chocolates in the math office!!!!

(My culinary class is in the math building)

Kind of a cool experience last night. I have been obsessed with Kuana Torres Kahele's version of Lepe Ula Ula since I saw it. I have posted the video several times, guy in a light blue shirt playing the hell out of a six string and singing in his house.

Anyway, last night I was goofing around with my six string and I watched the video very closely and then started to try some of the stuff he was doing. The noises emanating from my six string resembled some of the noises he was making. Nanilei said, "that sounds a little better" so I feel like there is hope I may be able to at least sort of play it! Someday. Maybe.

Kind of a cool experience last night. I have been obsessed with Kuana Torres Kahele's version of Lepe Ula Ula since I saw it. I have posted the video several times, guy in a light blue shirt playing the hell out of a six string and singing in his house.

Anyway, last night I was goofing around with my six string and I watched the video very closely and then started to try some of the stuff he was doing. The noises emanating from my six string resembled some of the noises he was making. Nanilei said, "that sounds a little better" so I feel like there is hope I may be able to at least sort of play it! Someday. Maybe.

Cool.

Just watched that vid with him and Malia Gibson. Awesome!!

I'm up to post 12101 in the first chapter, looking for my first post. No Rob yet. Apparently PoHo has not been coined yet. PW has been used. Lots of Jon, JT, Shane, Bratset, Mruketober and a good amount of Sally and Sukie. The trek continues.

This video is not the classic, typical version of this song, but I really like it....

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
T. Connor 1952​

[C] I saw Mommy kissing [Em] Santa [Am] Claus
[C[ underneath the mistletoe last [G7] night.
]G7] She didn’t see me creep down the [C] stairs to have a peep;
She [D7] thought that I was tucked up in my [G7] bedroom [Fm] fast [G7] asleep.

Then, [C] I saw Mommy tickle [Em] Santa [Am] Claus
[C] underneath his beard so [Gm7] snowy [F] white;
[F] Oh, what a laugh it would have [B7] been
If [Em] Daddy had [A] only [Dm] seen
[Gm] Mommy [Em7] kissing [Am7] Santa [Dm7] Claus [G7] last [C] night.

I had trouble with the last line or so.
Maybe?

Code:
[CENTER]I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause
Tommy Conner[/CENTER]

[C] I saw Mommy kissing [Em] Santa [Am] Claus
Underneath the [C] mistletoe last [G7] night.

She didn't see me creep down the [C] stairs to [Cdim] have a [C] peep;
She [D7] thought that I was tucked up in my [G7] bedroom [Fm] fast a[G7]sleep.

Then, [C] I saw Mommy tickle [Em] Santa [Am] Claus
Underneath his [C] beard so [Gm7] snowy [F] white;
[A7] [Dm]

[Dm] Oh, what a [F] laugh it would have [B7] been
If [Em] Daddy had only [A7] seen 
Mommy [Dm] kissing [G7] Santa [Dm] Claus [G7] last [C] night.

Tell me if this works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom