::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad about Robin. I find it odd that many who seem to have a deep need to make others laugh are so unhappy themselves.

Went rafting today. Head wind has us about stopped had to paddle the entire 7.5 miles. It was fun new area on the river had a crapton of tubers. I mean like hundreds at 20$ a pop I need that business.

Last night was fun.
We went to the Mai Tai bar at Ala Moana to hear Mahi Crabbe play. He showed up with his friend Josh Tatofi.

Nanilei and I love Josh's voice! He reminds us of Luther Vandross. He sang Ribbon in the Sky, and he sang it well.

The dance off was hilarious. These two dudes, probably late sixties plus, one of them in a wheelchair, having the most uncoordinated dance off. Snippet of it on Instagram.

What was funny was that both Mahi and Josh have songs that are kind of big hits right now on Hawaii radio, but neither one of them sang their songs, just old R&B stuff mostly, which was fine, but I wanted to hear Josh song his song. I thought it would be poor form to request one of Josh's songs at Mahi's gig though, but they are good friends, but whatever.

We were sitting in the front, and Mahi says, "anyone got a pick?" and I always carry four in my wallet so I gave him one and he was like, "wow, you really did have a pick!" even though I have not used one myself in many years. Of course, the first thing I did when I got home was pull out my guitar and try to play something - grrrr. I used to be able to play. At least I replenished my wallet pick supply. Never know when someone else will ask.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What would you most like to be remembered for when you are reminiscing about your life in your old age?
My mom has two children, my brother Paul and me. Paul is older, he turned 55 this year, and I will turn 47. Neither of us has any children. I have other siblings from previous (and post-divorce) marriages on my dad's side, and they all have kids. But my mom will have no descendants beyond Paul and I. Neither will my mom's late parents; as her only sibling, her brother (also named Paul) was killed in WWII.

So Nanilei and I talk about this every now and then, that our blood line (and my brother Paul, who has a different father from me) will cease when we are all gone.

Where am I going with all this?

I just hope that someone will be able to say that I had a positive influence in their life in some way.

I guess we were down about seven and a half hours today. And now it's pretty close to nap time. At least for me.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What would you most like to be remembered for when you are reminiscing about your life in your old age?

Been pondering this all day. Came up with...

That I was not afraid to be or ashamed to be fully myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom