::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New way of eating. I quit eating sugar on Oct. 29th. I was addicted to it. I've lost 6.5 pounds and feel better.

I assume you're not eating out much? There's hidden sugar everywhere! I think some restaurants probably add sugar to their sugar....

Well, I'll be dipped! Remember the guy who said he wanted to buy one of my VWs, and then backed out? He just called, and he wants to bring me the money tomorrow, and start hauling off the parts of the car.

I had written this deal off, but now it looks as if it's back on....

That's wonderful!!

Sounds like a plan! Anything we can do to help the needy is a plus....

Agreed! OK, I am going to do it! And with cold weather approaching, I'd better get busy! I'll cart my knitting with me so when I have a few minutes I can do a row or two.

Hm . . . do you set deadlines for how many hats you make in a time period? I think I'd better. It will motivate me more to stay the course. Besides, I like a challenge!

I assume you're not eating out much? There's hidden sugar everywhere! I think some restaurants probably add sugar to their sugar....

:D I'll bet they do! I am not being so stringent that I read every label for tiny bits of sugar. But no cookies, donuts, pancake syrup, soft drinks, sweet and sour sauce with my Chinese yesterday. Nothing that I can actually taste the sugar in. Nothing that substitutes for sugary, either.

Oh, YAY that the man is going to buy your car parts!

That's wonderful!!

Ain't that the truth! I bought the car in 1988. I did a lot of work to it over the years, and had a ton of fun with it. A few years ago I began a full rebuild, and took the car all apart. I ended up having back surgery right after UWC 2010, and I'm no longer able to do the job. The car is still in a thousand pieces, which makes it a difficult sell.

I sold it for seven and a half times what I paid for it, originally. Granted, I bought parts for it, and did a lot of work on it, but I'm still making a huge profit on it.

The other car will be much easier to sell. With just a little bit of work (which I dread doing, but I will), it'll be a drivable, roadable car again. That'll be an easy car to sell, then.

Woo-hoo! After I deposit this guy's check, I'm going to order my Gotoh UPT tuners for my Eastman, and shop for a new case for it....

Agreed! OK, I am going to do it! And with cold weather approaching, I'd better get busy! I'll cart my knitting with me so when I have a few minutes I can do a row or two.

Hm . . . do you set deadlines for how many hats you make in a time period? I think I'd better. It will motivate me more to stay the course. Besides, I like a challenge!

I don't set a time period. I finish them as I can, and sometimes I have more time than I do at other times. Some hats take longer than others, too. It's a labor of love, for folks that need what I can provide, so I'm happy with however many I can produce....

:D I'll bet they do! I am not being so stringent that I read every label for tiny bits of sugar. But no cookies, donuts, pancake syrup, soft drinks, sweet and sour sauce with my Chinese yesterday. Nothing that I can actually taste the sugar in. Nothing that substitutes for sugary, either.

Oh, YAY that the man is going to buy your car parts!

Can you spare a couple of cups of willpower? ;)

I don't set a time period. I finish them as I can, and sometimes I have more time than I do at other times. Some hats take longer than others, too. It's a labor of love, for folks that need what I can provide, so I'm happy with however many I can produce....
That's a good philosophy. I will adopt that so that I don't overburden myself and quit from the pressure . . .

Can you spare a couple of cups of willpower? ;)

Actually, I had gorged out on so much chocolate and sugar (to give me energy) that I was about to crash physically. It was a scary feeling and a great wake up call. So, I decided that I would protect my body from anything that would harm it.

Now the decision is made. Someone brought donuts (my favorite) to work the other day and I said no and didn't allow myself to dwell on it. Just no.

Now, I have to do better in going to bed at a good time whether everything is done or not. And start exercising. One step at a time.

I see Rich down there! I think I may have asked you this before, but I can't remember if I did, or what you may have answered.

What case are you using for your Eastman concert? I'm looking for a hard case, one with latches rather than a zipper. I want a classic looking black case, with a textured finish. If that texture could be an alligator hide look, so much the better. Quality and proper fit are important.

Any suggestions?

I see Rich down there! I think I may have asked you this before, but I can't remember if I did, or what you may have answered.

What case are you using for your Eastman concert? I'm looking for a hard case, one with latches rather than a zipper. I want a classic looking black case, with a textured finish. If that texture could be an alligator hide look, so much the better. Quality and proper fit are important.

Any suggestions?

You know Mainland is having a case sale on Black Friday.

Actually, I had gorged out on so much chocolate and sugar (to give me energy) that I was about to crash physically. It was a scary feeling and a great wake up call. So, I decided that I would protect my body from anything that would harm it.

Now the decision is made. Someone brought donuts (my favorite) to work the other day and I said no and didn't allow myself to dwell on it. Just no.

Now, I have to do better in going to bed at a good time whether everything is done or not. And start exercising. One step at a time.

Good for you! Sounds like you're taking charge, and heading in the right direction.

I know I feel MUCH better if I get the right amount of sleep. Because I have multiple sleep disorders, and occasional insomnia, I find I do much better if I go to bed at the same time each night (11 PM, in my case), and get up at the same time each morning (8 AM, with an alarm clock, even though I'm retired). Sleep is a good thing....;)

Any suggestions?

I like the looks of this one. It's not faux alligator, but that's okay. Anyone used one of these?

http://www.theukulelesite.com/oahu-hardshell-ukulele-case.html

Any suggestions?

Hi, Don-

My Eastman came with an Eastman hardcase--- pretty nice case, too! That being said, it appears to have standard concert dimensions, so I think it would fit most any concert case. The cheapest hardcase I've seen is the Musician's Gear from Musician's Friend-- nothing special, but a good basic hardcase. For the next level up, I like the Uke Crazy hardcase-- good case, fairly lightweight, all alligatory like you want. Only has two latches, though... three would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom