::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to keep my daughter at this age! It's the best. She still behaves well, enjoys being around her parents and isn't rebellious.

The kid got busted last night using up all of our internet for the month in about an hour last night. He knows better, I hate it when they lie to you. He already lost his Xbox last week for being a punk to his mom. Video games are like a drug to him.

they are fascinatingly addicting

Lately, when I'm finished grading papers at home I'll play Minecraft by myself. I unwind and get sleepy much faster than watching TV, which is what I used to do to unwind.

It's tricky getting the kids to learn balance. James knows he needs to finish homework and soon some chores before he can log on to an iPad or the PS3. He doesn't always like it, but he does it so far. Hopefully this get ingrained so I won't have too many battles when he gets punky.

Good luck to you Mike.

All my students seem like great kids, but I don't see how they act at home. Only what they tell me.

My kids are writing an in-class essay today.

I have tons of time and catch up was short, and only a couple hos around.

::sigh::

My kids are writing an in-class essay today.

I have tons of time and catch up was short, and only a couple hos around.

::sigh::

I'm in and out, Gary. I should go out to do some errands, but I really don't feel like it. I'm so sick of winter weather....

My daughter had a strong conscience. She always tells on herself. Even over stuff that isn't a big deal. Actually, about all of it is no big deal. But it is to her. She says she gets tummy aches until she tells me.

they are fascinatingly addicting

Lately, when I'm finished grading papers at home I'll play Minecraft by myself. I unwind and get sleepy much faster than watching TV, which is what I used to do to unwind.

It's tricky getting the kids to learn balance. James knows he needs to finish homework and soon some chores before he can log on to an iPad or the PS3. He doesn't always like it, but he does it so far. Hopefully this get ingrained so I won't have too many battles when he gets punky.

Good luck to you Mike.

All my students seem like great kids, but I don't see how they act at home. Only what they tell me.

The weird thing is that the more time he gets to play games the worse he acts. There seems to be a direct correlation. I mentioned this to my buddy and he said his kids are exactly the same in that regard. The more lenient you are, the worse they behave.

The guy who bought my one VW was just here. His engine is still here, and will be until the weather improves, because he'll be hauling it on an open trailer. He wanted to bring some parts he bought and test fit them to the engine.

The interesting thing is that he was showing signs of being interested in the other VW, now, as well. That would be awesome if he decided to buy it....

My daughter had a strong conscience. She always tells on herself. Even over stuff that isn't a big deal. Actually, about all of it is no big deal. But it is to her. She says she gets tummy aches until she tells me.

That's great, praise her for her honesty.
Matt is overall a really good kid, but I think all teenagers have to test the boundaries.

I was complaining to my oldest brother one day and he said him and his son (who has two kids of his own now) didn't talk for several years when he was a teenager. It's funny because Adam is really a great guy now and they are very close, but I guess he went through a rebellious goth stage. I had no idea. He said he literally had to go through his wife to tell him something.

The guy who bought my one VW was just here. His engine is still here, and will be until the weather improves, because he'll be hauling it on an open trailer. He wanted to bring some parts he bought and test fit them to the engine.

The interesting thing is that he was showing signs of being interested in the other VW, now, as well. That would be awesome if he decided to buy it....

VWAS

(extra letters)

I'm in and out, Gary. I should go out to do some errands, but I really don't feel like it. I'm so sick of winter weather....

I know what you mean. It's been in the upper 50's for three straight days around here :)

James does the same thing!

Well, he tells me. I talk about making better choices next time and thinking about how, whatever it he's done, affects others or himself. And sometimes he will still get in trouble depending on what he's done.

Mom wigs out.

That's great, praise her for her honesty.
Matt is overall a really good kid, but I think all teenagers have to test the boundaries.

I was complaining to my oldest brother one day and he said him and his son (who has two kids of his own now) didn't talk for several years when he was a teenager. It's funny because Adam is really a great guy now and they are very close, but I guess he went through a rebellious goth stage. I had no idea. He said he literally had to go through his wife to tell him something.

Oh, I do praise her for her honesty. I want her to feel comfortable talking to me whenever she feels she needs to. She doesn't get in trouble when she comes to me with things like that. She also knows that when she misbehaves that the consequences are lighter when there is honesty. With her, the best form of discipline is to ground her from her kindle, tv or whatever toy she is into. It works pretty well. Right now, she is really into making these rubber band bracelets and charms. She watches YouTube tutorials. She knows that she has to get her homework and chores done,first. She's only seven so she only has little chores. She's been asking to make tutorials on some of the rubber band charms she has made up herself. She sees me making my Seasonista videos. Half the time she is the one filming me. So now she wants to make videos.

The weird thing is that the more time he gets to play games the worse he acts. There seems to be a direct correlation. I mentioned this to my buddy and he said his kids are exactly the same in that regard. The more lenient you are, the worse they behave.

Just like a drug.

One kid I have said he pee'd himself once because he didn't want to stop playing. I asked him how little he was when he did that.

13!!!!!

I was thinking 7 or 8. Can you believe that?! Games pause. I don't understand.

The addiction, like you said, is drug like.

James does the same thing!

Well, he tells me. I talk about making better choices next time and thinking about how, whatever it he's done, affects others or himself. And sometimes he will still get in trouble depending on what he's done.

Mom wigs out.

We do the same thing. We discuss it. She still gets in trouble, too, sometimes...but it's not as bad as it would be if she got caught doing something. A couple weeks ago she said she had a bunch of gum wrappers in her school bag and she put them in another child's cubby hole at school and she said she felt bad because the child got in trouble & she didn't mean for her to. Then she told me that she had the wrappers because she climbed on her stool to get to the gum we had on top the fridge. Then her and her friend chewed it all up on the bus. Well, she got grounded for getting another child in trouble, climbing up on that stool, since it's dangerous, and for taking the gum without permission.

That's the worse thing she has confessed to. But I felt bad because where the heck was I when my child was climbing on this stool?!?! She has low muscle tone and hyppermobile joints. She can climb things but she injures easy, so I worry and keep an extra eye on her. I must have been in the bathroom.

Sally, I want a full report of the SNOW in HB!

I was at work two mile inland, no white stuff there. If I had known I would have driven to the beach. It just hit on the coastline. I posted lots of pics I've gathered on FB.

Last edited:
We do the same thing. We discuss it. She still gets in trouble, too, sometimes...but it's not as bad as it would be if she got caught doing something. A couple weeks ago she said she had a bunch of gum wrappers in her school bag and she put them in another child's cubby hole at school and she said she felt bad because the child got in trouble & she didn't mean for her to. Then she told me that she had the wrappers because she climbed on her stool to get to the gum we had on top the fridge. Then her and her friend chewed it all up on the bus. Well, she got grounded for getting another child in trouble, climbing up on that stool, since it's dangerous, and for taking the gum without permission.

That's the worse thing she has confessed to. But I felt bad because where the heck was I when my child was climbing on this stool?!?! She has low muscle tone and hyppermobile joints. She can climb things but she injures easy, so I worry and keep an extra eye on her. I must have been in the bathroom.

James is lousy at sneaky.

His last confession was that he was watching a YouTube video about Minecraft and the person used "bad language" two times, but he didn't turn it off and kept watching (he usually turns the video off it has "bad language" not F-bombs mind you but words like "crap" or "damn" or "bloody hell" or if it has guns in it). We have talks about language all the time. I ask him to think about the kids he hears using bad or foul language and the type of kids they are. Do they get in trouble more than other kids? Do they sound "cool" or kind of like kids "trying" to be cool or tough?

I'm still his hero so he really listens to what I have to say.

The other day I called another kid "buddy" and he immediately had a hurt look on his face and later on he even asked me why I called the other kid "buddy."

"I thought I was your buddy?"

I still feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom