::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do dorm room cooking towards the end of the year.

A+

My mom is a Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher and in the late 90s (in a school district where most students either went to community college and lived in apartments or went right to work), she taught a class for seniors called Life after High School and there was a unit on 'how the hell to feed yourself with whatever's left in the fridge three days before you get paid'

Church people will criticize their pastors for anything. Seriously.

I'm sure Pere can attest that church people can get sick, never tell anyone, then criticize the pastor for not showing up. I'm not exaggerating.

If you're out visiting shut-ins, you should have been in the office. If you're in the office, you should've been at the nursing home. If you're at the nursing home, you should've been with youth somewhere. Round and round you go.

Some church people complain like they're getting paid to do it. On commission.

Sigh.

Sad

ten letters

I got nothing to add to the church discussion but man it sounds an awful lot like the way people treat the teaching profession.

A+

My mom is a Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher and in the late 90s (in a school district where most students either went to community college and lived in apartments or went right to work), she taught a class for seniors called Life after High School and there was a unit on 'how the hell to feed yourself with whatever's left in the fridge three days before you get paid'

I have "The Top Ramen Challenge"

I'll add that because they put $2 in the plate and maybe .20 of it filtered up to the denominational level, they also feel like the boss of the people who work in the office.

*grump* (Did you know I single-handedly destroyed an entire denomination with my very presence as a staffer in the youth ministry office who'd been on the payroll less than a year? Or so I was told...)

You must be very talented, to have that big of an impact.

I'll add that because they put $2 in the plate and maybe .20 of it filtered up to the denominational level, they also feel like the boss of the people who work in the office.

*grump* (Did you know I single-handedly destroyed an entire denomination with my very presence as a staffer in the youth ministry office who'd been on the payroll less than a year? Or so I was told...)

Jesus is proud of you son.

Gary and other (if any?) NorCal PoHos : October 3&4 there will be awesome Hawaiian music in Berkeley! If you can only go 1 day, go on 10/4.
http://www.freightandsalvage.org/berkeley-hawaiian-music-festival-1

You will miss Nathan Aweau if you only go on 10/4, but 10/4 has Hu`ewa again, which is a new band that is really good - kinda like what I get to hear on Fridays.
Also, the Cyril Pahinui Band - Peter Moon, Jr. on ukulele (he shreds) and Jeff Au Hoy on steel (he is covered in awesome sauce).

Kinda pricey though, $38 or $70 for both days. Yikes. I can't afford that.

Good thing ALL of the people playing in Berkeley, plus a bunch more, are playing FOR FREE in Waimanalo on the beach this Saturday. Yay! That is where I will be.
http://www.gabbypahinui.com/
Why don't you all come on over and join us!

Played Ukulele for Pop today! It was his birthday. He is 79.
He seems to be doing better.
(Last I played for him, he seemed like he might not make it much longer)
It was a lot of fun! I like visiting with people!

Gary and other (if any?) NorCal PoHos : October 3&4 there will be awesome Hawaiian music in Berkeley! If you can only go 1 day, go on 10/4.
http://www.freightandsalvage.org/berkeley-hawaiian-music-festival-1

You will miss Nathan Aweau if you only go on 10/4, but 10/4 has Hu`ewa again, which is a new band that is really good - kinda like what I get to hear on Fridays.
Also, the Cyril Pahinui Band - Peter Moon, Jr. on ukulele (he shreds) and Jeff Au Hoy on steel (he is covered in awesome sauce).

Kinda pricey though, $38 or $70 for both days. Yikes. I can't afford that.

Good thing ALL of the people playing in Berkeley, plus a bunch more, are playing FOR FREE in Waimanalo on the beach this Saturday. Yay! That is where I will be.
http://www.gabbypahinui.com/
Why don't you all come on over and join us!

I would love to go to this, but Patrick has done some shady stuff in the past as a promoter so I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger and help support him.

Hello all! I got a weekend off in November going to Nj then on the way back will be stuck at midway airport for a few hrs wish I could hang out with seeso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom