::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UkeJenny--

I hope you don't mind me calling you out, but I like what you're doing "out there." I know you had some negative experiences on the forum recently, and it's easy to become bitter when that happens. But to my mind, the best thing you can do when you're dissatisfied with the way a community is operating, is to take steps to make that community better. I see you've started a few upbeat threads, and I think that's the right way to counteract negativity.

Every time I see someone post something like "this forum is going downhill" or "this forum doesn't appreciate humor," I think "If you don't like what you see, why don't you make it better, instead of complaining about it?" That's what I see Jenny doing "out there"-- trying to make it better, and I have mad respect for that.

Here's a good way to think about it: the ranges really go back to choral music. A soprano was expected to be able to sing notes within a certain range, an alto in a certain range, and so on. So we got in the habit of naming the person's voice, rather than the range. So to say "I'm a baritone" isn't exactly true; what is true is "I am most capable of singing notes in the baritone range without either sounding like a frog or shrieking." I have heard male singers with well-trained voices who can move effortlessly from the bass range to the tenor range without losing vocal quality.
In chorus we call those folks bi-sectional. :)

I have Verizon FIOS, and I'm generally happy with the service itself; the internet is much faster than advertised, and the quality of the TV content is generally very good. However, in the time I've been a Verizon customer (about 3 years), the price has gone up about 60%, and Verizon won't negotiate like they used to, so it's difficult to get much concession from them. Unfortunately, that's going to take me to a point where it's just not valuable for me to remain a customer.

I was there with Comcast. I was dropping them when they gave me this current deal for three years.

Actually, Mika is the negotiator. She is amazing at getting/finding good deals. When our current contract expires and they jack up the fee I'm pretty confident she'll find something similar to what we have now.

Agreed. People who say "I only sing in the key of X" are silly.

I always think of my grandmother telling the church band " I sing in A"
The music starts, she begins to sing, the band switches keys. Lol

I sent my mom a pic of a Gary Gill uke and told her this is what I want for Christmas. She said I was asking for too much. I can dream, right? :D

I sent my mom a pic of a Gary Gill uke and told her this is what I want for Christmas. She said I was asking for too much. I can dream, right? :D

Send her a pic of a DeVine or Moore Bettah and she'll think she got off cheap with the Gary Gill :)

I get my uke back tonight! I'm so excited! Then I am going to the Jake Concert. I have a week full of uke stuff coming up.
Saturday: Work and uke club
Sunday: Work.
Monday: Work and Peter Moss is coming to banjo band.
Tuesday: Work and Peter Moss workshop
Wednesday: Work and Dinner with Peter Moss
Thursday: Thanksgiving! Angel and I always play together during family gatherings. :)

Send her a pic of a DeVine or Moore Bettah and she'll think she got off cheap with the Gary Gill :)

Haha I've showed her more expensive ukes. She always would say you could buy car at that price. I always say the uke would last me longer. :)

Black Friday I work 5 am to 230 pm.
Just register.
Should be a crazy day, but I think I will do fine.

I get my uke back tonight! I'm so excited! Then I am going to the Jake Concert. I have a week full of uke stuff coming up.
Saturday: Work and uke club
Sunday: Work.
Monday: Work and Peter Moss is coming to banjo band.
Tuesday: Work and Peter Moss workshop
Wednesday: Work and Dinner with Peter Moss
Thursday: Thanksgiving! Angel and I always play together during family gatherings. :)

Where has your uke been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom