::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a sad note...

I just left my Martin tenor at Mass Music, the Martin repair place in Lawrence, KS. The action got crazy high since I got it. I got it because the setup was so good. Diagnosis: the neck is lifting and needs to be reset. They've never seen that on a Martin uke. Good news: it's a warranty repair. Bad news: there are about 10 neck resets in line ahead of me. 4-6 months before it's done. Mass Music in Lawrence has been mentioned by Rick Turner as trustworthy in a sentence citing Gryphon too. It's in good hands. But she'll be gone a long time. At least this gets her in a good humidity situation all through the winter.

Waaaa.

On a sad note...

I just left my Martin tenor at Mass Music, the Martin repair place in Lawrence, KS. The action got crazy high since I got it. I got it because the setup was so good. Diagnosis: the neck is lifting and needs to be reset. They've never seen that on a Martin uke. Good news: it's a warranty repair. Bad news: there are about 10 neck resets in line ahead of me. 4-6 months before it's done. Mass Music in Lawrence has been mentioned by Rick Turner as trustworthy in a sentence citing Gryphon too. It's in good hands. But she'll be gone a long time. At least this gets her in a good humidity situation all through the winter.

Waaaa.

This is a modern Martin, not a vintage, right?

On a sad note...

Waaaa.

I hear wonderful things about Mass Music and a neck reset is not something you want done by the guitar tech at Guitar Center. It stinks that you have to lose it for so long, but at least you know the job will be done right.

I hear wonderful things about Mass Music and a neck reset is not something you want done by the guitar tech at Guitar Center. It stinks that you have to lose it for so long, but at least you know the job will be done right.

This exactly. There's a lot of experience in their repair department. Martin doesn't quibble with their judgment. The repair guy says to me, "If we wait 4 minutes the guys in PA (Martin) will be back from lunch. At that moment the Martin guy calls him about a different issue, so he handled my problem too. Nice to hear the Mass Music guy say, "The uke is in perfect condition. No sign of over- or under-humidifying. No cracks or other damage. But it needs the neck reset."

This is a modern Martin, not a vintage, right?

You figured it out Don. I'm sort of the opinion that Martin is making their own replicas of their vintage instruments. Other people are making money copying vintage Martins; why not Martin?

I splurged last week on a Concert 1K (a Mexican Martin) from Gryphon in California. It's a lovely thing both in sight and sound. So I gots my Martin jones covered for awhile.

You figured it out Don. I'm sort of the opinion that Martin is making their own replicas of their vintage instruments. Other people are making money copying vintage Martins; why not Martin?

I splurged last week on a Concert 1K (a Mexican Martin) from Gryphon in California. It's a lovely thing both in sight and sound. So I gots my Martin jones covered for awhile.

I can't keep up with RichM. The one who dies with the most ukes wins. But maybe I can have enough that my wife can't keep track of them all.

I was at Gryphon last week too :)

There are six pumpkin pies cooling in my room right now. I need to leave because it's making me super hungry.

I was at Gryphon last week too :)

I wasn't there. I've been stalking their web page for a C1K. One showed up and I got it shipped to deliver while wee wifey was out of town. Hee hee. Great setup, as expected. Nice Martin sound. But I really gotta cut down on buying all the ukuleles.

I really want to buy all the ukuleles.

There are six pumpkin pies cooling in my room right now. I need to leave because it's making me super hungry.

We'll go to wifey's folks in Phoenix along with all the other sibs, their partners, and their spawn. All are denying that they want my wife, a FABULOUS baker, to account for them in pie baking. So SHE will bake one each of pumpkin and pecan (my other favorite). The sibs, their partners, and their spawn will suddenly develop cravings and eat them all.

Sonsabitches.

To be filed under "This Is Why I'm Fat"

chocolate chip cookie cooling on the counter

butter also out on counter

Why not?

To be filed under "This Is Why I'm Fat"

chocolate chip cookie cooling on the counter

butter also out on counter

Why not?
its really weird but when I did my 6 week challenge I cut out all sugar. I now don't crave it hardly ever. I was a sugar nut. Now if I really want something, I'll take a bite and that's usually enough. I never thought I could say no to dessert but I can. I'm a bit concerned about the holidays, we'll see how I do over the next 6 weeks.

Japan is a negative, ghost rider. The pattern is full.

Next up, attempting Germany. That puts us more at spring/summer.

its really weird but when I did my 6 week challenge I cut out all sugar. I now don't crave it hardly ever. I was a sugar nut. Now if I really want something, I'll take a bite and that's usually enough. I never thought I could say no to dessert but I can. I'm a bit concerned about the holidays, we'll see how I do over the next 6 weeks.

I just took a couple bites. I was just curious. Not really a sweets guy to begin with but that needed to be tried.

I'm an over eater not a snacker.

I just took a couple bites. I was just curious. Not really a sweets guy to begin with but that needed to be tried.

I'm an over eater not a snacker.

And for the record, it was pretty good. The sweetness of the cookie balanced the saltyness of the butter and it gave the cookie a creamy topping.

I think I'll send that in to weight watchers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom