::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news has said that, here in Rochester, we have a "white" Christmas 3 of 5 years, usually. Seems about right, to me.

This year it'll be green. Wednesday it is predicted to be 57 degrees and raining....

I've witnessed five near misses and a great deal of foul language.

There is no holiday spirit when it comes to parking.

I am only 2 weeks into the 5 week cough that lingers after I get cold or flu. It is such a cliche, clergy being sick at Christmas. Still having to fight with this on Christmas Eve is the one thing I fear more than playing "Silent Night" by candlelight at the end of the service. Guess it's good to name my demons.

Isn't Wegmans a grocery store?

Wegman's *is* a grocery store, but which serves freshly prepared food. I don't eat sushi, so I have no opinion, but I frequently buy my lunch at Wegman's and the food is very good.

Last edited:
For real, your name was there. The names sometimes stay up for quite awhile after the person has signed off.

Hm . . . that explains why people don't sometimes respond when you think they are there and then later they do . . .

Work today. Then tonight is date night. We've been trying to do something fun and Christmassy. Tonight's the night. Going to get all dressed up and go out. There are two different fancy shopping malls by us. One has a tree bigger than the Rockerfeller Center tree. Going to go cruise them, do a bit of shopping and find a fancy place to eat. Also will stop by Wendy's. She and friends are having a big Xmas party.

I'm all stupid excited.

Sounds lovely! Glad you are excited! Have fun!

Oh we'd have fun. Hubby hate crowds so my fingers are crossed this all goes well, but he knows I'm stupid excited about tonight so I know he's going to really try to be easy going about things.

20 years ago I wouldn't have understood his anxiety, he wouldn't have recognized my need to get out amongst people and it would have been a disaster. There's a lot to say for being together a long time and learning to recognize your spouses needs and quirks. I really do like that guy.

Awww! That makes me happy for you both!

I am only 2 weeks into the 5 week cough that lingers after I get cold or flu. It is such a cliche, clergy being sick at Christmas. Still having to fight with this on Christmas Eve is the one thing I fear more than playing "Silent Night" by candlelight at the end of the service. Guess it's good to name my demons.

Weird. The senior pastor at our church is sick with a bad cold, too.

Don't cough your candle out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom