::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they moved Halloween to the 30th?

Actually, 'trick or treat' dates have always been different here than Halloween. Don't know exactly why.

Just always been that way, back to when I was a kid. If Halloween is on Sunday, trick or treat is usually the Thursday before. Why Thursday? Football games on Friday. Date nights on Saturday. That's all I can figure out.

Just an educated guess...

Towns with people that like to take their little kids trick or treating, AND be able to watch their high school kids either play football or cheer. Sounds crazy, I know.

ETA: Forgot what I did at ballgames--play in the band.

Last edited:
I never remember trick or treating on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Wednesday.

Don't know completely why. I just do it on the night the newspaper tells me. Makes it easier for the kids to get candy that way.

Last edited:
Just because it's been much too long . . . and it is halloween tomorrow.

View attachment 72398
attachment.php

Oh that is cute!

For some reason that just is the cutest thing!

Yes. I went back to my girly gym and about broke the equipment. My goal is to hit it at least three times a week and weather permitting ride my bike there and back. Yesterday I felt soooo crapy I skipped it and layed down for a nap instead.

Food is fuel, I know that but I had no idea what a change 6 weeks of eatting healthy would do for my energy. I am kinda glad that happened b4 Halloween. Swearing off sugar has been a real eye opener.

I have decided if I really want something sweet that I will take just one or two bites from now on.

I have been bad lately, but I am being super good so I fit in my favorite jeans for TBUG. But yeah, since I am bring good I ate only 2 small fun size pieces of candy last night. One Almond Joy and one small Kit Kat that is about the size of 1/2 of one section. And I was like "meh, that was "ok" Now... Levi, knowing this would be hard, made me a batch of Paleo brownies yesterday and he did not realize I had calls and pressure orders that kept me from having lunch and he brought one down to my office and I scarfed it down. But it was so good and fed a sweet tooth craving, but it has zucchini, dark chocolate, an egg, and something else in it. But all healthy. I find when I am eating Paleo I feel better. And it makes me skip all the temptations laying around at parties and get togethers.

The 3 days a week thing is a good goal. I have what I call a minimum. I have to life 3 days a week. If I put it off and end up lifting Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, that is my own stupid fault, BUT, I have to do my minimum. Though I try to do 5 or 6 days a week. But this way I don't feel defeated if all I do is my minimum which is very doable.

Does that make sense?
Basically I tell myself I can always do more, but wont let myself do less than that.
Since I have TBUG, I have to do something Monday and Tuesday for sure and try to eeek something in at TBUG to meet my minimum. I am weirdly obsessed with my minimum. It keeps me on track.
And I do take into account extenuating circumstances and family time. So if I really feel like I need family time I will do Just Dance with my kids rather than go to my gym and work out.

I had some sales yesterday that saved my life! WHEW!!!

This month has been baaaaaaad for the Mim. I am hoping next month will be amazing!
Fingers crossed!

Today for sure I winterize my office. All ukes going upstairs. The temp is dropping huge this weekend and it is easier to manage one room of perfect temperature and humidity than 5.

I never remember trick or treating on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Wednesday.

Don't know completely why. I just do it on the night the newspaper tells me. Makes it easier for the kids to get candy that way.

Yep, pretty much this, though I can't swear we never did it on Saturday.

Who the hell moves a holiday for football?

Our town's beggar's night was a week ago. A lot of places around here did theirs last night. The last Friday in October is usually the last football game in the regular season. Plus if there is bad weather on the first scheduled beggar's night, they can reschedule.

Me and the Minions last night at the Nursing Home:

1030141941g.jpg

Lettie and Ruby both won gift cards in the costume contest. $25 each. Woo hoo!

My costume! Which I loved! Especially the hair cause I think I look like a old school cheap baby doll that the kid cut the hair off and all that is left is the plugs. And Ruby and Lettie did those and I was putting my makeup on as they did it (because we were late) so that is why it turned out all thick and scratchy and all over the place, but I think that made it look even better!

1030141842c.jpg

1030141827.jpg

I really creeped Yonas out! He did not see me until we got home, but he could barely look at me!

Great costume, Miss Mim! All the kids look cool, too. We used to dress up every year to hand out candy on Halloween, which, by the way, always happens on the 31st around here. The heck with football. Anyway, we've been getting lazy in recent years, and haven't gotten into it as much.

This year I found a cheap orange t-shirt with a big, black Jack-o-lantern face on the front. That, and a pair of black jeans....done!

I had some sales yesterday that saved my life! WHEW!!!

This month has been baaaaaaad for the Mim. I am hoping next month will be amazing!
Fingers crossed!

Today for sure I winterize my office. All ukes going upstairs. The temp is dropping huge this weekend and it is easier to manage one room of perfect temperature and humidity than 5.

They mentioned snow just west of you for today. Maybe where you are too?
Not nice today, up by us. And the trick or treat is tonight here. Wind, rain, 43 degrees for a high. They even mentioned snow for us but I don't know about that. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom