::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY! Where is everybody?! It's 7:54 in the morning on the east coast! Why am I here all alone? :(

Yeah, I have class at 10 and then I'm heading HOME! Of course, once I get there I have to write a 5 page paper that's due at 11:55 tonight.

BUT I only have to work on Monday and Tuesday of next week and no seminary next weekend!!!!!!!! 4 whole days to do whatever I want!!!! (I'll probably crash and sleep and stare at the computer, but I hope to do a lot of purging of junk . . .)

I have a 10 to 15 page paper to write, Greek sentences to do, a Final Take Home exam and a presentation to prepare for - I should do that next week - but I doubt that I will! Hey! It's a holiday!

Last edited:
Hugs, Freeda! Rest and be good to yourself! Wish I could mail you some yummy potato soup to make you feel better . . .

Friggin' sciatic nerve in my left leg is acting up something awful. Pain is shooting from just below my hip down the back of my leg. Cannot get comfortable, and have to walk up and down 18 steps at least 8 times tonight.

I took 800mg of iburprofen over an hour ago, and it's not helping one bit. Gonna be one of those nights.

I've had that, and know how awful it feels. I hope you find some relief....

I've been letting my beard grow for over a month now. Michele hates it. Raeden rubs her fingers through it every chance she gets and laughs, so I think she loves it.

Guess who wins?

I'm well on my way to this year's "Santa" beard. I quit trimming it on Labor Day. Elaine says it looks particularly good this year, as it's whiter than ever....

I'm well on my way to this year's "Santa" beard. I quit trimming it on Labor Day. Elaine says it looks particularly good this year, as it's whiter than ever....
:eek: You're Santa?!?!?!?

Dear Santa,
For Christmas I would like a new ukulele, please! One from Hawaii would be nice!

Oh, and peace on earth, good will to everyone . . .

Thanks, Santa!

Love,
JanJam

Don't miss my post that I posted when you did, Santa! I'm not asking for much this year . . . :rolleyes:

Well, it explains why I haven't been able to get warm the last several days. I thought the heat was wonky but hubby and roomie kept telling me it was fine.

:eek: You're Santa?!?!?!?

Dear Santa,
For Christmas I would like a new ukulele, please! One from Hawaii would be nice!

Oh, and peace on earth, good will to everyone . . .

Thanks, Santa!

Love,
JanJam

Ha! No, I'm not Santa. I forgot that you haven't been around for the holidays, yet, and don't know the story.

Years ago (probably twenty, actually), my late mother-in-law hand knitted me a beautiful Santa hat. I had said I wanted one to wear on my mail route at Christmas time. It's a wonderful hat that I treasure, now that she's gone.

I decided to grow out my beard to accentuate the "look". So, although I always have a beard, it's usually kept trimmed quite short. I got into the custom of stopping the trimming at Labor Day, to give my beard time to grow out before Christmas.

It worked well, and for the remainder of my postal career I wore my Santa hat on my route beginning ten days before Christmas. Surprisingly, management didn't ever try to get me to stop. I never wore the hat in or around the office, but waited until I was out on the street to put it on.

It was a HUGE hit with my customers....especially the little kids. People began to look forward to it every year, and starting at the first of December people would start to ask me when I was going to start wearing my hat. Strangers would honk and wave as they saw me driving my mail truck.

We visit our grandkids at Christmas, and I started wearing the hat, with the beard, when we go to see them. They absolutely love it, and would be disappointed if I were to quit, I think.

So, there you have it! The story of my annual Santa beard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom