::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! No, I'm not Santa. I forgot that you haven't been around for the holidays, yet, and don't know the story.

Years ago (probably twenty, actually), my late mother-in-law hand knitted me a beautiful Santa hat. I had said I wanted one to wear on my mail route at Christmas time. It's a wonderful hat that I treasure, now that she's gone.

I decided to grow out my beard to accentuate the "look". So, although I always have a beard, it's usually kept trimmed quite short. I got into the custom of stopping the trimming at Labor Day, to give my beard time to grow out before Christmas.

It worked well, and for the remainder of my postal career I wore my Santa hat on my route beginning ten days before Christmas. Surprisingly, management didn't ever try to get me to stop. I never wore the hat in or around the office, but waited until I was out on the street to put it on.

It was a HUGE hit with my customers....especially the little kids. People began to look forward to it every year, and starting at the first of December people would start to ask me when I was going to start wearing my hat. Strangers would honk and wave as they saw me driving my mail truck.

We visit our grandkids at Christmas, and I started wearing the hat, with the beard, when we go to see them. They absolutely love it, and would be disappointed if I were to quit, I think.

So, there you have it! The story of my annual Santa beard....

What a neat story! Thanks for sharing it!

It's above freezing. A bit soggy, right now. But the blue sky is but a memory.

Today's my day for hanging the outside Christmas lights. 50° and drizzling. Fun. This is the good weather day of the week.

HOLY CRAP!! You'd think there was an old-timey K run on!

We're close if anybody want to just talk for a little while. Anybody?

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (7 members and 2 guests)
consitter, Freeda+, gyosh+, Mandalyn+, PereBourik+, RichM+, UkeMania

How bout now???

that was me last week, I still got a few, but way better....I should go to Drs when I am sick we are paying for it I should use it....

I figure there isn't much they can do. I avoid antibiotics as much as I can, they mess up my tummy.

Two shows that my dad watched every time he could, were Little House On The Prairie and Hawaii 5-0.

He didn't shush us kids very often, but when Hawaii 5-0 was on, it happened a lot.

We were Little house also, my dad and I would go in the basement and watch Ripleys or something as the girls watched Little house.

To early for wine. I actually started working on my bathroom, which I have to rip up the old sub-floor, and put a new one in, then re-tile, and replace the toilet, which my wife has been begging me to do for quite some time now. Figured I would do it while she was gone.

Are you starting it before she returns???

Is it time yet???

130930-st12000-4x3286-1086470_478x359.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom