::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been off sugar since the end of July. (like seriously off sugar- I eat <30g carbs a day) I haven't felt this good in years. Had a new A1C drawn, waiting on the results to come back. I'm hopeful it'll be much better.

Mine was 7.9.

I'm slowly closing in on acceptable.

Anyone got experience with breast lumps? Doc noticed a couple. Probably nothing, but I have some questions. I'm only 38 so never had a mammogram and some of what I'm reading suggests ultrasound is preferable.

Anyone got experience with breast lumps? Doc noticed a couple. Probably nothing, but I have some questions. I'm only 38 so never had a mammogram and some of what I'm reading suggests ultrasound is preferable.

Your dentist felt you up?

What did your doc suggest?

Mika had an abnormal pap smear so now they're going to do a biopsy. She's also scheduled for a mammogram and colonoscopy all within a week of each other.

Is said person dead yet? I ask only because I work in a church. A couple of months ago I was told to be prepared for a funeral that would probably be early the next week. I asked who it was in case I knew the person. I was informed the person had not died yet. Creepy to plan a funeral for a not-dead person.

Yep.pretty well dead.

I do appreciate it when folks plan their funeral ahead of time.

Mika had an abnormal pap smear so now they're going to do a biopsy. She's also scheduled for a mammogram and colonoscopy all within a week of each other.

I had a physical in the morning, dentist in the pm.

He said I can have a mammogram if I want one and that it may be helpful to have a baseline. But that it is prob fibrous and only about 10% of lumps are cancer.

They are going straight to biopsy? They didn't repeat the pap?

They are going straight to biopsy? They didn't repeat the pap?

Cancer runs on her side of the family. Her dad had stage 4 colon cancer. He's also had a portion of his lung removed and he's still alive and kicking 14 years longer than they gave him.

I had one 13 years ago. Found it on a mammogram. Then they did a ultrasound. If you have the choice, I'd say ultrasound because they will prob do that anyway. But ask your doc.

When they did the ultrasound, it was a solid mass. That meant they needed to do a biopsy. They said it could be fibrous or you know what. I skipped the biopsy and went for removal of the lump. It was removed, tested, and came back fibrous.

I don't regret the surgery. In my mind, a needle biopsy could have missed c cells. This way, the lump is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom