::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is perfect. Except for the whole Tecate thing.
Yeah, I know...
The thing is I like Tecate beer, and there is a liquor store right next to a taqueria two blocks from where I used to live (Sally - Hilltop on Adams). Oh, you are going to be in HB soon, that's right!
Anyway, Hilltop used to run specials on 12 packs of Tecate cans that were sliced in half and taped off - six packs for like $3. I could not pass that up and ice cold Tecate, a quesadilla, and an al pastor burrito - YUM!

That was one of the very first songs I learned. The very first song I ever played by myself on stage at my local uke group which consisted of about 60 blue hairs. (Yes Damon, that place.) No one had ever head it before. I hammed it up big time thinking people would laugh. When I finished you coulda heard a pin drop. They were stunned, and not in a good way. You woulda thought I was describing a sex act.

Yeah, I didn't get back up on that stage again for a very long time.

SNORK!!!

We have a song that I always introduce as "the blow job song." The crowd always loves it (but it's definitely not a song for every crowd.)

See if a bottle opener is used it most likely will be a good beer! Twist tops can still be ok but the best are pop tops. If I look into a cooler and see a pop top I will take that over the twist off
Grolsch, anyone? Used to drink plenty of that too.

Yeah, I know...
The thing is I like Tecate beer, and there is a liquor store right next to a taqueria two blocks from where I used to live (Sally - Hilltop on Adams). Oh, you are going to be in HB soon, that's right!
Anyway, Hilltop used to run specials on 12 packs of Tecate cans that were sliced in half and taped off - six packs for like $3. I could not pass that up and ice cold Tecate, a quesadilla, and an al pastor burrito - YUM!

Normita's Surf City tacos? Awesome fish tacos.

Yep. 30 pack of Tecate in cans for $18. That's really cheap here for a decent Mexican beer.

Normita's Surf City tacos? Awesome fish tacos.

Yep. 30 pack of Tecate in cans for $18. That's really cheap here for a decent Mexican beer.
Normita's! Gracias! I had Norma in my head but was not sure. Funny thing is, I never really knew what that place was called, it was always the little taqueria next to Hilltop. Breakfast burritos are really good there too. I almost always got the pastor because Las Barcas does not have pastor...

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Everyone procrastinates something. What do you put off?

I'm guessing the dentist will be highly ranked.

The rest of my life somedays. Just want to crawl back in bed and cover up my head.

That was one of the very first songs I learned. The very first song I ever played by myself on stage at my local uke group which consisted of about 60 blue hairs. (Yes Damon, that place.) No one had ever head it before. I hammed it up big time thinking people would laugh. When I finished you coulda heard a pin drop. They were stunned, and not in a good way. You woulda thought I was describing a sex act.

Yeah, I didn't get back up on that stage again for a very long time.

You're a naughty lady.

Nice song, Rob! Love John Prine.

We almost have it memorized. We do it in D (makes the intro and turnaround slides easier). It's the closest thing to a Hawaiian song that we play.

Turnarounds and slides.

Is that like shutes and ladders?

Kim's all fancy like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom