::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got work for the rest of the week too. Busy week then next week a few days here and there then off to rv then school starts.

I am kinda bummed I got into an art show on Labor Day weekend but we already committed to picking up the rv. Oh well next year

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you belong to any clubs, societies, fraternities, etc.?

Does this thread count?

A couple golf clubs, JACL (Japanese American Citizens League -civil rights orgainzation-), a few teacher organizations and that's about it.

I'm kind of looking forward to the seasonal changeover in diet that happens every fall. Fewer things done on the grill, more things done in the oven. Fewer sandwiches, more casseroles and "meat and potatoes" dinners. Meatloaf, spaghetti, lasagna, soup, chili....the types of things we don't eat much in the summer.

I love summer food, too, it's just time for the change....

BBQ gets worked all year around here.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Do you belong to any clubs, societies, fraternities, etc.?

I currently belong to the Professional Association of Diving Instructors, and the American Professional Captains Association. For years I was on the board of governors of a non-profit in the Virgin Islands.

I belonged to a number of advertising and publishing professional organizations when I was in the biz.

I'm also a lapsed Mensa member. I miss my Colorado Mensa peeps. We had some awesome parties.

Are you saying that you can't tell guitar players anything?

As a guitar player myself, I shouldn't encourage this anti-guitar player sentiment, but...

I play bass in my current band. You just don't capo a bass, so when we change keys, I need to transpose. When we try a new song, our lead guitarist will keep moving his capo until he finds a key that's suitable for his voice or for our female lead singer's voice. It's taken me some time, but I've gotten pretty good at transposing on the fly. It make my brain hurt sometimes, but I can keep up. I never really have the option of going off in the corner and thinking it through.

A little while ago, we were doing a song that felt like the right key, but the singer was really straining to hit a few of the high notes. She asked if we could transpose down so she wouldn't have to scream. The guitarist came back the next week with the song transposed down a step, and she fell all over herself, praising him for doing it so quickly. I wanted to scream, "I TRANSPOSE ON EVERY SONG, ON THE FLY, EVERY TIME THE GUITARS THROW A CAPO ON" but I didn't.

As a guitar player myself, I shouldn't encourage this anti-guitar player sentiment, but...

I play bass in my current band. You just don't capo a bass, so when we change keys, I need to transpose. When we try a new song, our lead guitarist will keep moving his capo until he finds a key that's suitable for his voice or for our female lead singer's voice. It's taken me some time, but I've gotten pretty good at transposing on the fly. It make my brain hurt sometimes, but I can keep up. I never really have the option of going off in the corner and thinking it through.

A little while ago, we were doing a song that felt like the right key, but the singer was really straining to hit a few of the high notes. She asked if we could transpose down so she wouldn't have to scream. The guitarist came back the next week with the song transposed down a step, and she fell all over herself, praising him for doing it so quickly. I wanted to scream, "I TRANSPOSE ON EVERY SONG, ON THE FLY, EVERY TIME THE GUITARS THROW A CAPO ON" but I didn't.

I thought bass players were supposed to have attitude. Let your freak flag fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom