::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same thing, and (presumably) the same operation. I think he called it lateral epinchondilitis (or something like that). And you're right, he made it all better....

I can do that too, but without a knife.

I'm not saying you and Sukies operations were not necessary but a good therapist can stave off surgery for quite a while. And if you can stop whatever habit that is causing the pain early on then surgery might not be necessary.

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a very good example. Very often it is not a problem with the wrist but a problem at the shoulder. A good surgeon will rule that out before slicing and dicing.

Reference The Postman Always Rings Twice:

A 1934 crime novel by James M. Cain.

The title is something of a non sequitur, in that nowhere in the novel does a postman appear, nor is one even alluded to. The title's meaning has therefore often been the subject of speculation.

Historian Judith Flanders, however, has interpreted the title as a reference postal customs in the Victorian era. When mail (post) was delivered, the postman knocked once to let the householders know it was there: they did not need to reply. When there was a telegram, however, which had to be handed over personally, he knocked twice, so that the household would know they needed to answer the door. Telegrams were expensive, and were usually the bringers of bad news: so a postman knocking (later, ringing) twice signaled trouble was on the way.

Oh I love trivia like that.

I'm really getting annoyed with all of the people who just want to bitch about people who bitch while trying to keep the appearance of nobility.

I hope they don't come by, and pee in my sandbox.

I am, kinda, a Pollyanna person though.

I meant to get the clerk to actually check. I think Don was implying that she just put the phone down and then told him they had them without really checking. I've seen workers do that while I'm at the register.
Yeah I know. And I've done that too. Most of the time I just end up paging another employee to take the call. It's rare for me to be able to walk away from the register.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom