::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First?

Maybe?

Now I have more posts in the thread than you... This is probably soon to change...

Cheater...

Bahaha, surprised I got it, even so.

Let's see...

In our last episode Gary went fishing and got a bunch of trout.
Freeda had her first lesson with Craig Chee.
Don was recovering from his duties at the county fair.
Mim was on her way back from Seeso's and the Midwest Uke Fest.
Tack resurfaced for a moment, as did big Dan.
Rob wrote a song.
Scarecrow's wife is recovering from surgery.
Mainland Mike is annoyed at the popo.
Papa Donkey is looking at potential retirement destinations.
Damon is living the life.
Kenvin made the superK, and scored an almost free camper.
Soo was decorating a massage room and trying to eat more fish.
Sukie was waiting to hear back from her audition for the state fair.
Sally's enjoying the fruits of her decluttering and redecorating efforts.

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:
Looks familiar.......;)

Yup . . . jumpin in!

First post, on page two.
Well, on my computer any who.

Dat Mailman Guy said:
I have not found this to be true. I can't seem to "hear" the melody by seeing the chords....

I can't "hear" the melody by seeing the chords, only by playing them.

I wrote a pretty song.
Well at least when someone with talent is doing it.

I can't "hear" the melody by seeing the chords, only by playing them.

That still leaves you a step ahead of me. I can't get the melody that way, either. I don't get it; it would seem a given set of chords could fit many, many melodies....as evidenced by C, Am, F, G, for example.

How one can get a melody by hearing the chords is beyond me, I guess....

That still leaves you a step ahead of me. I can't get the melody that way, either. I don't get it; it would seem a given set of chords could fit many, many melodies....as evidenced by C, Am, F, G, for example.

Ya got me, really.

I'm kinda a dump cook. Make up a poem, season with chords, go by the cadence of the words. Stir, play and sing with pride?

I could be doing it all wrong.

Making up a melody to a set of chords is a piece of cake. As you say, there are many, many melodies that fit any particular chord progression. :D

Yay! New Chapter!

Nice song Rob! Nice performance Freeda!

Nice catch up Freeda.

One of the Mikes retired.....the one with the dogs.....mikethechin. I saw it posted on FB.

I struggle with creating compelling vocal melodies. I wrote a Hawaiian song for Nanilei, what they call a Mele Inoa, or Name Song, which I gave to her for her birthday a few years ago.
The chord progression was easy, I just took a standard-ish Hawaiian progression and added some 7th chords because Nanilei likes the sound of 7th chords.
Trying to get the melody was really tough for me. I got one finally, but I am not too happy with it. It is too simple. I have come up with others, but always at a time when I am unable to record or document it.

While I was trying to figure it out, I thought of a great one, then realized that it was actually the song He Aloha No O Honolulu. Oops.

I will try and record it for you folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom