::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did too. I have seen neither movie. I would like to. We saw Chef. I loved it.

You guys are talking about movies I've never heard of. We don't watch commercials and can't really afford to go to movies. We did use a couple of gift cards yesterday to take the girls to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. It was great.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

For some unidentified reason, you are being forced to appear on a reality show. Which one would you choose?

Sheryl and I love to travel and love to watch The Amazing Race. It's the only reality show we really take in anymore - Survivor just wore out on us a couple seasons ago. Anyway - some of the challenges would make me brown my panties for sure, but it would still be cool and we're such perfect travel companions we could make it work. As we watch the show and the challenges are announced we often say out loud which one of us would be doing it...

:) I'm going to put the skills I learned in Rick's class to use and lower the action at the bridge. It can't be lowered too much but it should be fun to see if I can dial it in.

Go for it. The worst that can happen is that you'd need to get a new bridge blank and start over.

Mine would also need to be lowered at the nut. Significantly.

The real question is why do I think I need 2 more $450 concerts?

At my height I had 12 ukes. Now I have 2. Well...3, but one is on semi-permanent loan to my nephew, because I don't know if he will ever decide what he REALLY wants (but I gave him Mim's number for when he's ready, if ever).

Love you guys.

Edited to add: yup Rob, Emily handled dads crisis and I've got mom. Amy is driving in from NY tomorrow. Mike is setting up all the legal logistics.

It is worth noting that Mike is not a legal or biological child and has no real obligation here.

Freeds, I'm early in catch up, but thinking and praying for you all the way - peace to you and the family!

:) I'm going to put the skills I learned in Rick's class to use and lower the action at the bridge. It can't be lowered too much but it should be fun to see if I can dial it in.

That'll be fun.

I fettled a Lanikai Pineapple LU-21P using some help I got here on UU. It actually did make it better. Lowered the action, did some bridge compensation. I still don't love the uke but every once in awhile I'll play it and be surprised at how a little effort turned it from a POS to a decent little player. One of the UU guys helping me said that "LU" stands for Left Unfinished.

My first uke was a Luna that had problems. I had to return it directly to Luna. To fill the time it was away I got the Lanikai. It was one from a choice of one at a mostly guitar shop. I had no idea what I was doing when I bought it.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What is your earliest distinct memory?

Mine is taking shelter in our basement during a big tornado. 1980, so I was 4.

I remember spending the night at my grandma and grandpa's house and being in a crib. I tore my fingernail down to the quick and I remember crying and grandma coming in and getting scissors from her old sewing machine (which I still have - 1909 Singer treadle in very good shape) and snipping it off and putting a band-aid over the end of my finger. VERY distinct memories of that event. Not sure how old I was - probably 2 1/2 or 3?

Waving to my mom through the window of her hospital room while my dad and I were on the sidewalk when my sister was born. I was 2 1/2.

And now I feel old. In 1908 I was starting my senior year of high school :)

I would never have guessed you were that old.

Your father was probably using a variation of my father's "magic cookie" cure.

When a little kid, be it neighbor or relative, was crying over a scraped knee or some other minor mishap, Dad would offer to fix it with a magic cookie. The kid would invariably agree, and Dad would disappear into the kitchen, and then reappear with an Oreo, or a Chips Ahoy, or any other ordinary cookie. He'd tell the kid, very seriously, that this was a magic cookie, and that if they held it on the part that hurt, the pain would go away and they could stop crying. Then, once the pain went away they could eat the cookie. But, they couldn't eat the cookie until the pain went away.

It worked every time....

When Ben was little he would have trouble getting to sleep so I would pour him a small glass of milk, warm it a bit, then make a big show of putting a drop of magic potion into it. The magic potion was vanilla extract that I put in a fancy-looking bottle. That worked every time, too.

Reminds me of a time I pulled on a pair of shorts when a wasp was very high up on of the legs. Cue the crying.

Welcome to UU's weird place. You'll get to know us soon enough.

Just after my brother's wedding, as we were piling into cars to drive over to the reception, my date had a yellowjacket fly up her skirt and sting her high on the thigh.

I did not offer to suck the poison out.

We didn't have that kind of relationship.

He is making Indian food. It smells good and the heat of the stove is right, so I think he'll do fine.

New car is clean little car. It is a 2001 Oldsmobile aurora. I'm happy with it. :)

Yay! I wouldn't exactly can an Aurora a "little" car, but it's a cool one!

You guys are talking about movies I've never heard of. We don't watch commercials and can't really afford to go to movies. We did use a couple of gift cards yesterday to take the girls to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. It was great.

Spoiler Alert (don't read if you plan on seeing it)

Stoic's death caught me off guard. It was like when Mrs. Frederickson dies in "Up." I was a little upset that they killed him off especially after just reuniting with his wife.

Why do that to me DreamWorks?

That'll be fun.

I fettled a Lanikai Pineapple LU-21P using some help I got here on UU. It actually did make it better. Lowered the action, did some bridge compensation. I still don't love the uke but every once in awhile I'll play it and be surprised at how a little effort turned it from a POS to a decent little player. One of the UU guys helping me said that "LU" stands for Left Unfinished.

My first uke was a Luna that had problems. I had to return it directly to Luna. To fill the time it was away I got the Lanikai. It was one from a choice of one at a mostly guitar shop. I had no idea what I was doing when I bought it.

I took the build class when James was two, thinking I could have a hobby that would give me something to do when I had free time on my hands and I could still be in/near the house.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Free time?!

Not older, over the years I've noticed when my beard gets to a certain length people are a little more polite or maybe it's a little more cautious like I could be a terrorist, Hell's Angel, wizard, crazy man, holy man or wise man. Somebody should do a study on it, it's a thing.

I've always thought of you as a wise, holy man of the ukulele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom