::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let me explain:
SOME fish smells / tastes fishy. I was told that fresh fish needs to smell like the ocean, and if it smells fishy it is not fresh. When I pulled that Opah filet out of the fridge it had no fish odor at all. I did not smell any fish during cooking either. That's how I like my fish!

I got that. I was just continuing the teasing.

And my wife--she gets that daily over anything I can come up with. BUT, I will say this...I ate some grouper at a restaurant in Destin, FL, a few years back. When I ordered, I asked the waiter when was the last time that the fish I'm gonna eat swim. Immediately, he replied "Yesterday. Maybe even this morning, depending on who we bought it from."

Damn good fish.

That's not bad at all. And you can learn skills there that can translate to other, better paying jobs later on.

The biggest thing will be working outside. I think and going out of town a lot. But once I get use to it I think I will be fine. They say it can take a year to learn most of the stuff.

The biggest thing will be working outside. I think and going out of town a lot. But once I get use to it I think I will be fine. They say it can take a year to learn most of the stuff.

Depending on what time of year it is, dress for the weather. Use sunblock--and wear a hat. A hat with a brim all the way around so it will shade your ears and neck as well as your face.

In the cold weather, wear layers of clothes. And man, does a good pair of insulated gloves and boots mean a lot. If your hands and feet are cold, even though the rest of you is warm, it'll make you completely miserable!

I LOVED Strawberry Quick as a kid.

BLEH!! Michele and Bridget love it.

Raeden and I like the chocolate version much better. I'm even more fond of the chocolate syrup in milk! Of course, I can feel by blood surgar rising as I drink it. :(

Oh yeah, to add about going out of town--most likely they will pay you a per diem for food and lodging. Most of the time, they pay you enough that you can make money off of that. Instead of rooming by yourself, partner up with somebody and save half of what they give you per day.

And eat at cheap places to save the food money.

I'm in my hotel. I'll be pretty scarce this week - not much in the way of PoHo opportunity from the meeting.

The little Insight performed remarkably well. We looked at it this afternoon in the light of day. Lots of deer hair along the side that I didn't notice last night. The body panels that are designed to basically blast apart to absorb the impact did exactly what they are supposed to - took the brunt of the damage and deflected it from the passenger compartment. The body shop is actually optimistic they may be able to repair it without it being totaled - that would be great. Love my goofy little car.

I'm in my hotel. I'll be pretty scarce this week - not much in the way of PoHo opportunity from the meeting.

The little Insight performed remarkably well. We looked at it this afternoon in the light of day. Lots of deer hair along the side that I didn't notice last night. The body panels that are designed to basically blast apart to absorb the impact did exactly what they are supposed to - took the brunt of the damage and deflected it from the passenger compartment. The body shop is actually optimistic they may be able to repair it without it being totaled - that would be great. Love my goofy little car.

Glad to hear you're okay. Hopefully the car will be too. I know from experience, hitting a deer can scare the bejeezus out of you. I'll bet you're glad you didn't have to use the restroom before you got hit. ;)

Last edited:

I'm glad to hear that things are going as well as they are for you.

Now, don't get in any more trouble.

Code:
[CENTER]Heart of Gold
Neil Young[/CENTER]

Riff:
[C] [C] [stop] [C] [C] [stop] [C] [Cmaj7] [C6] [G]

INTRO
[Em] [D] [Em] [D]

[Em] I want to [C] live, [D] I want to [G] give
[Em] I've been a [C] miner for a [D] heart of [G] gold
[Em] It's these ex [C] pressions [D] I never [G] give
[Em] That keep me searching for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff
And I'm getting old

[Em] Keep me searching for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff
And I'm getting old

[Em] I've been to [C] Hollywood, [D] I've been to [G] Redwood
[Em] I've crossed the [C] ocean for a [D] heart of [G] gold
[Em] I've been in [C] my mind, [D] it's such a [G] fine line
[Em] That keeps me searching for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff
And I'm getting old

[Em] Keep me searching for a [D] heart of [Em] gold
You [Em] keep me searching and I'm [D] growing [Em] old
[Em] Keep me searching for a [D] heart of [Em] gold
[Em] I've been a miner for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff x2

I think the riff-
Riff:
[C] [C] [stop] [C] [C] [stop] [C] [Cmaj7] [C6] [G]

-goes, 1 2 Stop 1 2 Stop 1 2 3 4?

We know that C6 and Am7 in the first position are played the same? (0000)
C6 = C E G and A. The A is the Six. The C E G is the C major chord.
Am7 = A C E and G. The G is the seventh. The A C E is the A minor chord.
Same four notes in a different order.

I could talk more about this stuff, but I don't know if I'm coming off as redundant or maybe pretentious.
Just trying to share information for free.

BLEH!! Michele and Bridget love it.

Raeden and I like the chocolate version much better. I'm even more fond of the chocolate syrup in milk! Of course, I can feel by blood surgar rising as I drink it. :(

The chocolate syrup (Hershey's), is what I use. I haven't used powdered Quick since I-can't-remember-when....

We know that C6 and Am7 in the first position are played the same? (0000)
C6 = C E G and A. The A is the Six. The C E G is the C major chord.
Am7 = A C E and G. The G is the seventh. The A C E is the A minor chord.
Same four notes in a different order.

I could talk more about this stuff, but I don't know if I'm coming off as redundant or maybe pretentious.
Just trying to share information for free.

Rob, please stop worrying about your posts on music theory! I know I enjoy them, and I'm sure others do, too. Some of them are a bit over my head, yet, but others of them really help me to understand. This post, for example, was very helpful, and well presented. Keep on doing what you do so well, and don't feel the need to apologize for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom