::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My views on marriage are shifting. People just aren't marrying anymore. The fall off has been dramatic in just the last few years. In a way I'm glad. People will say anything to the preacher to get the church wedding they want. I'm no longer doing weddings unless the couple has a strong connection to my congregation.

A few years ago I found one of my grooms in the local psych unit on suicide watch. This was only 2 weeks after the wedding. The bride was pregnant by someone else with whom she was now living.

My views on marriage are shifting. People just aren't marrying anymore. The fall off has been dramatic in just the last few years. In a way I'm glad. People will say anything to the preacher to get the church wedding they want. I'm no longer doing weddings unless the couple has a strong connection to my congregation.

A few years ago I found one of my grooms in the local psych unit on suicide watch. This was only 2 weeks after the wedding. The bride was pregnant by someone else with whom she was now living.

I didn't get married until I was 40, very glad I waited. Looking back some of my early girlfriends had some real issues that I could ignore (and sometimes intentionally ignored) when we were casually dating, but would have been a nightmare in the long run.

I used to think people should always try to tough it out if they had young kids, but it really depends on each situation and people involved.

I'm not sure about steamed chicken, as I've never had it, but I love steamed vegetables, especially broccoli. Yum....

bland as hell but the sauce is amazeballs.

Ingredients:

2½ cups thinly sliced scallions (green and whites, from 1-2 large bunches)
½ cup finely minced fresh ginger
¼ cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
1½ teaspoons usukuchi (light soy sauce)
¾ teaspoon sherry vinegar (we didn’t have this so we used mirin – it was fine)
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
Directions:

Mix together the scallions, ginger, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and salt in a bowl. Taste and check for salt, adding more if needed.

I use rice wine vinegar instead of sherry vinegar because I have it on hand and you can't taste the difference.

Just balancing out the Shane meal I had yesterday. Steamed chicken breast, yes steamed, with a ginger scallion sauce that was amazing. I even put the sauce on the steamed, yup steamed AGAIN, broccoli. It is that good.

I love laab a Thai dish where the meat is usually boiled with a small amount of water and dry cooked rice. Then add shallots, mint, cilantro, green onions a little fish sauce and some lemon.

I love laab a Thai dish where the meat is usually boiled with a small amount of water and dry cooked rice. Then add shallots, mint, cilantro, green onions a little fish sauce and some lemon.

I'm still on the fence about fish sauce.

What are the premium brands to look for? I think I may be buying the crappy lesser brands.

Funny thing is I just found a review of about 15 different brands. Tiparos got 4 stars, Squid brand got one. Tookta says they are about the same. I like it on hard boiled eggs instead of soy sauce.

Not really a fan of the fermented fish taste. I don't mind the stronger tasting fish, but the fermented fish reminds me of spoiled fish. I keep trying it and I'm getting used to it or it's growing on me but I still need it to be a background flavor and not dominate otherwise I can't eat it.

I can't believe I am going to say this, because I am normally quite more conservative than Sally on most issues. however, I have to disagree. I think that the commitment you have to a child of 18 years of intense parenting and then decreased. in my opinion that commitment is not as significant as the commitment that you make to another adult to spend everyday together for the rest of your life. And having been rushed into a marriage due to pregnancy, that turned out to be a disaster, I just don't think that it is a good choice. At least it wasn't for me. I can't speak for everyone.

You def. have a very good point.

And I'm not talking about the young peeps that HAFTA get married because they had a whoops, I'm referring to the 30 something's that are still thinking about marriage after kids.

I would never want someone to commit to a love that they were not really sure would last. You must go into a marriage with all your heart.

You def. have a very good point.

And I'm not talking about the young peeps that HAFTA get married because they had a whoops, I'm referring to the 30 something's that are still thinking about marriage after kids.

I would never want someone to commit to a love that they were not really sure would last. You must go into a marriage with all your heart.

Mika and I would save a boatload in taxes if we weren't married.

We mostly got hitched to destress my grandparents.

Mika and I would save a boatload in taxes if we weren't married.

We mostly got hitched to destress my grandparents.

I thought generally one did better when married.....no idea, but the child tax credits are great. Last year our youngest aged out. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom