::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Pohos! I had a great time at the juggling festival in Canada over the weekend. It was great to see so much activity here to catch up on after I returned! It reminded me of the good old days....

I always try to save when I travel, and I have always found the best prices directly from the company I am using.
I did do the Expedia thing one time for a hotel in San Francisco, and I got a great room in a hotel I would not have even looked at (because I thought for sure it was too expensive) but I did not know what hotel it was before I booked. It turned out to be great! The only thing was that I still could not afford to eat there :( so we went out to eat at little restaurants nearby. I think the last day we splurged and got room service.

I'm a Franciscan.

Nice to know. I'm going to St. Francis Prayer Center tomorrow for a retreat. God knows I need to retreat badly!

And, yeah, they let Baptists in! :p

I cannot wait. Once I get there, I might not come home . . . ever . . .

how about:::

Question
of
the
DAY??????

What job would you choose if money was not a factor?​

I would stop teaching (love the kids/hate the system) and do ministry full time - preaching, pastoral care, etc.

Last edited:
Hi, UkeMania! We've not been formally introduced. I'm Don. Welcome to the asylum....

Hi, Don! I'm Jan! I work in an asylum (it's called elementary school) so I feel very comfortable here! It's my kind of crazy!!:D

I always try to save when I travel, and I have always found the best prices directly from the company I am using.
I did do the Expedia thing one time for a hotel in San Francisco, and I got a great room in a hotel I would not have even looked at (because I thought for sure it was too expensive) but I did not know what hotel it was before I booked. It turned out to be great! The only thing was that I still could not afford to eat there :( so we went out to eat at little restaurants nearby. I think the last day we splurged and got room service.

Well I just searched out flights and hotels separately and found that the priceline deal is the best at 1189...so I might just do it and get it done and stop looking for deals.....

An unusual thing happened (rather, didn't happen) at the juggling festival yesterday. I wore a UU t-shirt in the gym yesterday, and got not even one question about it. Typically, I get several comments each time I wear one in public....

An unusual thing happened (rather, didn't happen) at the juggling festival yesterday. I wore a UU t-shirt in the gym yesterday, and got not even one question about it. Typically, I get several comments each time I wear one in public....

I've heard people say, he's that Ukulele Underground guy, like that's what my business is called.

I just feel like it is important for me to point out that this ad from the banner isn't being very nice.

View attachment 72233

Sorry, you have to click on it to see it better. But, as I was saying . . . EVERY Mattress 50% off. And then, what do they do? Exclude TempurPedic! Why? Why is that poor TempurPedic always excluded? I feel so sorry for those TempurPedics always getting excluded . . .

I just feel like it is important for me to point out that this ad from the banner isn't being very nice.

View attachment 72233

Sorry, you have to click on it to see it better. But, as I was saying . . . EVERY Mattress 50% off. And then, what do they do? Exclude TempurPedic! Why? Why is that poor TempurPedic always excluded? I feel so sorry for those TempurPedics always getting excluded . . .

It also has those wonderful words "up to" in there. Every mattress up to 50% off. So the TempurPedic is 0% off, which is still up to 50.

Want to be really frustrated? Move to Hawaii. Aside from seeing Olive Garden and Red Robin commercials on TV and knowing that we will not be able to go eat there without getting on a plane, we are also sick of seeing Subway footlongs for $5 and Domino's Pizza for $5.99 each - check it out, prices are always higher in Hawaii. I have heard that Alaska is the same deal, sometimes even more expensive than here.

Oh wait, I live in Hawaii.

Nevermind!

:D

I never thought of irrelevant commercials (not that 99.9% are relevant in reality!) being broadcast like that!

Wait! You have no Olive Garden?!?!?!

Double wait! You're in Paradise and you're complaining that you have no Olive Garden?!?!!?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom