::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found a "Midnight Special" YouTube channel.

Jim Croce
Gordon Lightfoot
Terry Jacks
Bread
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Looking Glass
Simon and Garfunkel
Chicago

I'm ten again :)

Today was the Christmas Party for my class. The kids had fun, but it was just one of those days where nothing went as planned. That's not unusual when working with children. I can usually just shake it off the stress and keep going, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed today. We are 6 days from Christmas and I have barely started my shopping. I'm normally done by now. I am also working everyday until Christmas, so my motivation is lacking.
Our classroom was a zoo.

Lauren cracked me up too.

She kinda dropped out when she started high school. It was nice having her voice here too.

(Stephen's getting too old to be the kid now :) )

James, who gets in trouble the most in class for talking when they're not supposed to?

Hmmm . . . I don't know .. .

C'mon, there has to be one kid that gets in trouble more than others.

Uhmmmmm . . . I think it's James. But he loves you Papa!

100_3029.jpg

I thought Andy was taller than that.

I just went past 25,200 on the first chapter. Maybe I just dreamed that I posted there?

James, who gets in trouble the most in class for talking when they're not supposed to?

Hmmm . . . I don't know .. .

C'mon, there has to be one kid that gets in trouble more than others.

Uhmmmmm . . . I think it's James. But he loves you Papa!

His teacher never said anything until she unloaded on him one day. She's been making him sit at a table all by himself, staying in at recess (WRONG strategy for a kid that can't sit still btw), taking away other privileges. When she finally sent a letter home I got his behavior changed the next day.

All I did was offer him a cakepop from Starbuck's if he didn't get in trouble the next day. Praised him over and over for not disturbing the class or his neighbors and he hasn't gotten in trouble since.

I found out a long time ago that this kid is like a puppy. Rewards and praise go a long, long way. He'll take his punishment because he knows he did wrong, and it doesn't seem to change anything except get him kind of bummed after a while. Offering him incentives to do what he's supposed to do feels counter-intuitive, but it sure works with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom