::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they're getting him sorted out, YAM. How old is Caleb? I'm hoping he's at an age where he can appreciate the gravity of the situation, and will be diligent in testing his blood and administering his insulin. I've never fully understood the chemistry of diabetes, and I hope I never have to....

Thanx Don, he is 13, our baby.

Thanx.

And for those of you not on Facebook, his blood sugar was 700 when we got to the hospital, was down to 268, last night, and 128 this morning. They just removed all the IVs, and he is currently eating bacon. After he eats,they will begin to teach him,and us, how to check his blood sugar, and insulin dosages. And, I get to take him for walks today.

Great news

Kenkakee, in the song, is spelled Kankakee.

If it's the Illinois Central Railroad, I assume Arlo is taking about it's Kankakee, IL? It's south of Chicago.

I did a little restoration work in that area years back. The whole place used to be a vast swamp before it was drained for agriculture. There are still some cool places in the area.

City of New Orleans is a great song! Steve Goodman is one of my fave songwriters. I also love Arlo Guthrie. He is coming to Indy soon, for a concert celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Alice's Restaurant. I was hoping to go, but right now, it's not in the cards.

Just read a little bit about TN. That's sounds terribly painful. I'm so sorry.

Do they know what causes it?

I was hit by a car when I was 15. I had major head and neck trauma. I'll spare you all the details, because I think I already told it here before and you probably don't want to read it twice. The doctors, at the hospital, warned my parents and me that I could have issues years after the accident that would still be accident related. So, we believe the TN is related to that...as well as the disc degeneration in my neck and the nerve pain that shoots down my arm. They also warned I could even possibly have seizures, later in life. The nerve pain medicine I take that helps with the arm and TN is an anticonvulsant, which kind of relieves my worry of seizures.

I also had Lyme Disease from a tick bite, almost ten years ago. So the doctor says some of my other pain issues and joint inflammation could be related to that...but it could also be from getting hit by that car. After I recovered from the accident, I never had any chronic pain issues until 2006. I had Lyme in 2005. I was hit by that car in 1993.

I now have more good days than bad. But today is a bad one. I got extremely dizzy when I got out of bed and it hasn't gone away. I'm just going to take it easy and catch up watching this week's Seasons videos.

Today is uke club. I printed my music weeks ago. I'm all set.

Weird. I'm never prepared. Is this what adulting feels like?

Do you guys think it's appropriate to have Army Recruiters talking to 15 year old kids at high school?

Yes. Better early when they can talk to their parents before they have the power to sign up. It should be taken under long consideration, not be a spur of the moment decision.

Do you guys think it's appropriate to have Army Recruiters talking to 15 year old kids at high school?

I think it depends on how they were talking to the kids. If they were being very brief and letting them know a little about the Army, just so they know it's an option, I don't think it's a big deal. But if they were really laying a big pitch on them, and really trying to pursuade them & making it out to be the best or only option, then that is probably crossing a line.

I remember the recruiters coming to my high school. My school had a good JR ROTC program that was pretty popular. The recruiters would set up in the cafeteria and for the most part, the only kids interested were some of the kids from the JR ROTC program. I do remember some of the kids literally signed up for the military...I believe, at school. They were seniors and they knew their date for boot camp before they graduated. And some of the juniors had pretty much made some sort of promise (not sure if it was on paper) but they knew their anticipated date for boot camp, as well.

City of New Orleans is a great song! Steve Goodman is one of my fave songwriters. I also love Arlo Guthrie. He is coming to Indy soon, for a concert celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Alice's Restaurant. I was hoping to go, but right now, it's not in the cards.

[C] You can get any[A7]thing you want at [D7] Alice's [G7] Restau[C]rant.
You can get any[A7]thing you want [D7] at Alices [G7] Restaurant.
[C] Walk right in it's a[C7]round the back.
[F] Just a half a mile from the [D7] railroad track.

'ceptin' Alice.

I saw one where they changed the D7 to a F#dim (2323). Which is nice.

Just tried it with the F#dim and I never want to play it any other way.

It does work nicely. In first position, you just make the D note, in the D7 chord, sharp. Bada boom bada bing F#dim. Just a little different color.

A Thanksgiving tradition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom