::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news....

Our tax return comes in by March 3rd. Time to pay bills. Ours is over 10% less than last year and nothing has changed. Deductions, income...nothing.

Anybody else experienced this?

Already have my tax refund. Mine might be a little less, too. I'd have to check the numbers. The state tax refund is about a 80% cut! I used to get a good bit! This year? $66.

(Nope, no bunnies in this one)

No church today. Cancelled because of ICE.

I'm gonna go get busy doing some more decluttering.

Catch you later!

attachment.php

Well I have been hoping for a good accumulation of snow and to be snowed in with my family. Well, we got the snow, but Hubs is at work. Not what I had in mind. But the double time is always nice.

Well I have been hoping for a good accumulation of snow and to be snowed in with my family. Well, we got the snow, but Hubs is at work. Not what I had in mind. But the double time is always nice.

I have trouble wrapping my head around this part....

(Nope, no bunnies in this one)

No church today. Cancelled because of ICE.

I'm gonna go get busy doing some more decluttering.

Catch you later!

The Episcopal Church. We never close.

I'm always surprised/amused by the list of church closings in and around Kansas City. We even have contingency plans for lay-led Morning Prayer if I can't make it. I have an AWD Volvo that always gets me there. It even got me to Christmas morning worship through 6-8 inches of snow.

I went to the annual auto show downtown yesterday. They display all of the new models, and a few customs and concept cars.

Sally, I must say I was impressed with the Honda Fit. I had the opportunity to look it over and sit inside, and it really surprised me. The thing is like a Tardis on wheels. I'm convinced that it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. There is something about the design of the door openings that even made it easy for a guy my size to get in and out. Very nice....

The Episcopal Church. We never close.

I'm always surprised/amused by the list of church closings in and around Kansas City. We even have contingency plans for lay-led Morning Prayer if I can't make it. I have an AWD Volvo that always gets me there. It even got me to Christmas morning worship through 6-8 inches of snow.

Wow! Sounds like a tank! My pastor is not happy about cancelling but it was a joint decision (chairman of the deacons/pastor).
I have a 40 minute commute to the north to get there so I am glad I don't have to try it this morning.

I went to the auto show to begin my search for my next new car. I'm not in the market quite yet, but I will be in about a year, maybe two. Of all the cars and trucks I looked at (lots!), I was really only impressed with three.

The Honda Fit I've already mentioned. Very nice, but I don't think I'd want one in this climate. I prefer all wheel drive around here, and I'm used to a seating position higher off the road. Nice car, though, and very reasonably priced, I thought. Maybe if I lived in Florida. :D

For reasons I can't explain, I'm very drawn to the Colorado, Chevy's midsized pickup truck. I like it....a LOT. The problem is practicality. I don't need a pickup truck. That, and it's pretty pricey; in the $38K range when equipped the way I'd want it. I won't completely count it out, but I don't really see it happening.

The third one (surprise!) is the Subaru Forester. I drive one now, and I'm very happy with it. They've made some interior changes that I like in the newest model, and the rest is tried and true. This one is more reasonably priced than the Colorado, and remains the front runner.

We'll see. I don't have to decide yet....

I have trouble wrapping my head around this part....

Your missing the key words: with my family.

We have had very cold days and not a whole lot of snow. I wanted one good snow. Where we are snowed in with good food and family fun (music, board games, baking). We can do all that without snow.... But I like to be snowed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom