::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is addicting. I want to play more! So much! But I am a specific flavor of ukulele player that really is not professional, more entertaining, and what I really like to do appeals to a smaller crowd. Sigh... I really want to perform more though. I don't know what has happened to me, but I caught the bug!

No pharmaceutical product could ever equal the rush you get when the band hits that groove, the people are dancing, shouting, and swaying, and the house is rocking.--Elwood Blues

A little trivia about The Blues Brothers...

At the time it was made, it had the record for the most vehicles destroyed.

And sadly, remember when John Belushi rolled down the steps at the Penguin's office?

He actually hurt his back very badly, and started taking pain meds to help him finish the movie. That ultimately led to him being hooked on them, which led to his death. I can still remember the first time I heard about it. I was 14, and it made me very sad.

Last edited:
That's awesome!

It is amazing to me how many people (in my opinion) totally miss the point. People like that old nun do far more damage to organized religion than anything outside the faith.

I was sitting in class on Saturday morning wondering what the heck I was getting myself into. I am Presbyterian (USA), the school is Catholic (but the program is ecumenical), and of the people in my class there is one mainline Protestant (me), 2 Catholics, a Buddhist, an agnostic, and a couple who refer to themselves as "spiritual" but not necessarily adhering to a specific faith. For a while I was thinking about how I was expecting a bunch of Christians just like me. But it hit me - I want to be a chaplain. I want to offer whatever I have to offer to people of all faiths - to meet their spiritual needs in the hospital, not mine. This will be an amazing program to see a huge variety of faiths and see where I can find the commonality that I need to find to meet people where they are.

So it's gonna be way cool...and way challenging.

And something you'll be perfect for. I can't think of many people that are as giving, articulate and kindhearted as you. Can't wait to watch it develop for you.

Àll that Diamond talk has gotten Sweet Caroline stuck in my head, without me even listening to it

Hm. I've never been told I was going to hell...but I've been invited to join friends who are gleefully making plans for their arrival there...

As a teenager, I worked at a grocery store that had been closed on Sundays until just before I started working there. Due to all the competition being open Sundays, he was just keeping up.

A customer came in one Sunday and the day manager was standing up front. The customer approached him and said, "Being open on Sundays, you guys are going to go to hell." The manager answered him saying, "Well, I reckon you and me will be roasting weiners down there together, since you're shopping here, don't you think?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom