::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, I expect my children to swear like young gentlemen: knowing the difference between appropriate and inappropriate opportunities. But no way a kid makes it to adulthood in this world without building that department of her or his vocabulary.

Being a teacher I'm pretty good at keeping the language in check, but the other day James yelled out "man that SUCKS!" and I got the look and the other day he said "that's crap" and I got the look again.

My saving grace will be the day he drops an F-bomb. That will be all Mika.

Summer has dropped it and in perfect context too

I vividly remember learning my first slang word. I was in 4th Grade. My pal and I were talking and riding bikes with some other kids. One kid coughed and spat. "Loogee" entered my lexicon.

All downhill from there.

who me.......

Yes, you. You never miss an opportunity to jump on something if it means taking care of your family. There's no whining about waiting for the right thing to happen along. You work hard and have a great attitude about it. And if something falls flat you make another opportunity.

I've actually been considering teaching my kid all the bad words he doesn't know. His english is pretty good at this point and he hears things at school, but doesn't know what they mean. He said something about p*ssy the other day without understanding what he was saying and was rather embarrassed when I explained it to him.

Summer has dropped it and in perfect context too

Over at my buddies when his daughter was about four. He was the stay at home parent too. We're BS'ing in the kitchen and we hear from the other room "DAD my dolly is stuck behind the F*ing COUCH!"

I turned to him and asked him if he needed help packing :)

Yes, you. You never miss an opportunity to jump on something if it means taking care of your family. There's no whining about waiting for the right thing to happen along. You work hard and have a great attitude about it. And if something falls flat you make another opportunity.

:agree: You're a cool dude Kenvin!!

I've actually been considering teaching my kid all the bad words he doesn't know. His english is pretty good at this point and he hears things at school, but doesn't know what they mean. He said something about p*ssy the other day without understanding what he was saying and was rather embarrassed when I explained it to him.

Yikes. Might be a good idea.

Sarah said the same thing with such enthusiasm I felt a little insulted :)

. . . and thank you (on her behalf).

Well, in every relationship someone is the Reacher and someone is the Settler. Haha! Just kidding. I think you are a catch, too.

Sarah said the same thing with such enthusiasm I felt a little insulted :)

. . . and thank you (on her behalf).

You mean, as in "How do YOU.... rate a woman like THAT????"

Story of my life, buddy. I have beautiful instruments that my skill probably doesn't justify, and a beautiful girlfriend who's probably outta my league. When you pull up in a Ferrari, nobody asks if you can drive. Just sit back and enjoy it.

To be clear, I expect my children to swear like young gentlemen: knowing the difference between appropriate and inappropriate opportunities. But no way a kid makes it to adulthood in this world without building that department of her or his vocabulary.

Personally, I have a deep appreciation for creative swearing. Dropping an f-bomb is too easy. Letting loose with a colorful and creative torrent of profanity is skill and to be admired.

Absolutely. Ken is an inspiration - sorry, my boy, but it's true.

Personally, I have a deep appreciation for creative swearing. Dropping an f-bomb is too easy. Letting loose with a colorful and creative torrent of profanity is skill and to be admired.

In college, we decided for a time to replace the word "thank" for a certain f-word. It allowed us to curse at people without them knowing it. So, thank you all. And there are a few of you I'd like to thank more than once.

In college, we decided for a time to replace the word "thank" for a certain f-word. It allowed us to curse at people without them knowing it. So, thank you all. And there are a few of you I'd like to thank more than once.

You thank me, I thank you... Once it gets started it may never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom