::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that too.

The guy from school really had me rethinking my views on pedaphiles. I was very black and white on the subject, but in the end, they are ruining and violating someone else's life and I'm not sure from what I've read if they can be rehabilitated. I'm kind of on the fence but always keep on the victim's side of it.

My earlier statement I was thinking about repeat offenders.

My concern with this is once someone is on the "list" they are on it for life. We have one in our neighborhood and he's on the online map. I nosed around because some moms in the neighborhood were freaking out big time. He's a 35-40 year old dad, married with 3 kids. Turns out, whe he was 19 he dated a 17 year old. Her parents pressed charges. His life got ****ed up by that.

There are many ways to get stuck on that list.

I dated one of my high school teachers right out of high school. I was 18, but I have an early in the year birthday. I was an adult, it was my choice. Just thinking, had I been born a few months later, a very excellent teacher could have been ruined by today's rules.

My concern with this is once someone is on the "list" they are on it for life. We have one in our neighborhood and he's on the online map. I nosed around because some moms in the neighborhood were freaking out big time. He's a 35-40 year old dad, married with 3 kids. Turns out, whe he was 19 he dated a 17 year old. Her parents pressed charges. His life got ****ed up by that.

There are many ways to get stuck on that list.

I dated one of my high school teachers right out of high school. I was 18, but I have an early in the year birthday. I was an adult, it was my choice. Just thinking, had I been born a few months later, a very excellent teacher could have been ruined by today's rules.

That guy is not a predator.

Not all pedophiles are predators.

All predators need to be caught and punished.

instead he was ruined by you! ;)

That guy is not a predator.

Not all pedophiles are predators.

All predators need to be caught and punished.

The guy I went to school with crossed the line from pedophile to predator the moment he acted out on his urges/sickness. He should have sought treatment for his (the APA labels pedophilia as a mental illness) sickness.

"Predators/child molesters are defined by their acts; pedophiles are defined by their desires." -APA (American Psychiatric Association)

Turns out, when he was 19 he dated a 17 year old. Her parents pressed charges. His life got ****ed up by that.

We've had one of those in the local paper recently. Poor judgement for sure, but they've made the guy out to be a total monster. A hundred years ago it would have been normal.

I don't think I could ever date a student/former student. I see them as children. Even as worldly as some of them try to be and appear to be physically, they still often act like children. I feel more like a protective relative.

I like to think I help them find their way to being responsible, good people.

that is the goal. The house is a pile of crap, but the land is worth about a hundred and thirty thousand.

My parents are a little older than yours and I keep telling them to sell their house and buy a small condo. They paid less than I paid for my truck and today it appraises at close to one million.

My dad says that's the only thing he has to leave to me and my sisters. Two of us keep telling him he doesn't need to leave us anything (one sister is kind of selfish) and that he should cash in and enjoy his retirement while he's still able to do what he wants.

Stubborn.

instead he was ruined by you! ;)

Ha! He's local, still teaching and a wonderful person. I still run into him sometimes. My kids were aghast when they first heard about my dating him. Too bad they didn't go to the school he teaches at.

I think I can safely call my gym teacher a pedo. He was my second? He was about the age I am now. And I was 15.

I've got my 30 year high school reunion coming up in a few weeks. I was initially excited about it since I've never gone to one, but looks like only about 25 people have signed up and mostly folks I don't remember. Last week I had a guy come by for a ukulele and it was a guy I had gone to high school with and did remember, he was "an art guy" as our art teacher used to refer to us as. Got some gossip on who's in jail, who's rich, who's gay, who's dead, etc. etc. etc.

We've had one of those in the local paper recently. Poor judgement for sure, but they've made the guy out to be a total monster. A hundred years ago it would have been normal.

19 year olds are supposed to date 17 year olds. It's a stupid blanket law that doesn't take into consideration the individual points of a case.

I think I can safely call my gym teacher a pedo. He was my second? He was about the age I am now. And I was 15.

Yeah. Not good judgement, Dude. We had a principle in junior high like that. Really stupid men.

You are so talented.

I hope they get this all figured out for you soon, Mandi. So sorry about your car. It was a great ride in it last June. I hope you get a decent replacement.
Haha making phone calls. I should read after I type something. I hate spending my breaks on the phone. I want to go back to spending it doing nothing.

I've got my 30 year high school reunion coming up in a few weeks. I was initially excited about it since I've never gone to one, but looks like only about 25 people have signed up and mostly folks I don't remember. Last week I had a guy come by for a ukulele and it was a guy I had gone to high school with and did remember, he was "an art guy" as our art teacher used to refer to us as. Got some gossip on who's in jail, who's rich, who's gay, who's dead, etc. etc. etc.

Just go! You'll have fun, really you will. It's worth it, you always find someone you know and even acquaintances from high school are fun to interact with.

My high school has an all years picnic every summer. The schools been around since 1905 so this picnic has everything from wheelchairs to teenagers. Each class that shows has a easy-up. I never went until this summer. There were only about 10 of us from my class, but we had a great time. I also met so many of my siblings friends who are 10 to 17 years older than me. It was a great time and I will for sure go again next year.

Gary. I think I have a problem with the term pedophile applying to every man that notices a woman that happens to be under 18.

I mean, it's just nature for some, not a sickness for all.

Come on boys, you've all noticed a pretty young girl. I mean, if you "notice" a girl at 17 you're a pedophile but at 18 you're not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom