::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did all my turkey day shopping. $350 and two hours later I'm done.

Kinda amazes me, the stores are a bit picked clean already, they are already running out of supplies. My son works in the meat department and people are already bitching that they are out of the 25+ pound birds.

I BBQ mine so I was happy with the fresh organic 13lb one he found me. Much bigger wouldn't fit in my BBQ.

We did the same thing yesterday and spent about the same amount. But ours is mostly alcohol.

Yesterday and today were a little rough. I woke up yesterday with post nasal drip grossness and started losing my voice. When I was walking to my car, I fell on the ice. I banged up my right knee and my wrist. Then on my way to work there was an accident and I was 10 mins late. I still went to uke club after work, but my voice was shot after one song. It was still good to see everyone though. :)
Today I just didn't want to go to work. My voice is even more pathetic, my body is achy, and my wrist is tender. At least it went by fairly fast.
I should stop whining and get to sleep. Good night!

Yesterday and today were a little rough. I woke up yesterday with post nasal drip grossness and started losing my voice. When I was walking to my car, I fell on the ice. I banged up my right knee and my wrist. Then on my way to work there was an accident and I was 10 mins late. I still went to uke club after work, but my voice was shot after one song. It was still good to see everyone though. :)
Today I just didn't want to go to work. My voice is even more pathetic, my body is achy, and my wrist is tender. At least it went by fairly fast.

Feel better!

Hope you're over your gunk too Freeda's.

Hope you get to feeling better.

No voce!
Te-goemasen
Non vox
Aucune voix
Etc etc.

I sit corrected.

Hello Stephen!

Glad to see your trip went well and you made it back okay.

Hi thee Stephen... about seven hours late.

It's all Sally's fault.

We've been to Disney World twice, for a week each time.

There's so much to see, that even with that, we haven't seen all of it. It doesn't matter how old you are, you'll enjoy it. The only bad thing is waiting in the lines, especially if it's hot summer days. The second time, we went in early June, and according to the people working there it was unseasonably hot. It was over 100 degrees each day. And of course Disney is one giant patch of asphalt, so that made it even hotter.

Back at that time, Disney still catered to those who were handicapped. For Raeden, they allowed us to walk up to the fast pass place in line to get on without having to get a fast pass, so she didn't have to stay out in the heat for any length of time.

They have since changed that policy because it was abused by family members of employees of Disney, who were given the handicapped passes at the front offices of the park. So now, they only allow anybody to get a fast pass which gives them a time to go to the ride...which, depending on how long the line is, is 20 to 45 minutes. The point is, you still have to stay outside in the heat that long. There aren't that many places to get into air conditioning that are close to the attractions. Raeden doesn't sweat, and overheats rapidly. Her face will be vivid red, and the skin around her nose and mouth is blanche white when this happens. The first time it happened was at Disney in fact. We had to leave really early that day. From then on, we carried a spray bottle with a fan to mist her.

When Disney changed their policy, and it was said that they would lose the business of those who were handicapped, the CEO said "They're just collateral damage."
We have been with the kids, but we want to go without them, to do the stuff they aren't interested in.

It sux that people will abuse a system, and ruin it for those who really need it.

I just finished up a couple more hats to donate to the chemo-caps program. This is the first time I have attempted hats meant for little kids. The tri-colored hat is for a newborn, the blue one for a toddler, and the orange one for a bigger kid, maybe 6 or 7 years old. I can't get over how tiny the one for the newborn is....

attachment.php

View attachment 73188View attachment 73189View attachment 73190View attachment 73191

Nice job, as always, Don.

I've had no voice for over a day now. I think my husband is enjoying it.

Doesn't much like when I whistle or snap for him. Lol!

There's something about the finger snapping that's annoying. My mother used to do that to get the attention of waiters and waitresses. It was obvious to everyone else that they didn't like it, but we couldn't convince Mother of that. She kept doing it, no matter what we said. It seems so....condescending....

(((Mandi)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom