::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my follow up question for discussion. Why would you abandon your morals and your sense of what is right and wrong? What is it about your nature that compel you to do that?

Most of what people do is out of self-interest. To satisfy a need or desire. Fear of consequences like pain, social shame, hurting people I care about, legalities, etc, keep me from going too far around the bend.

I do not believe that morality is an inherent trait. I think it needs a surrounding social, legal, punitive/reward structure to support its development and maintenance.

The QOTD somehow got me into researching tar and feathering. Apparently they often used pine tar, not black petroleum tar. Pine tar becomes liquid at a much lower temperature and so typically wouldn't burn your skin off and kill you.

Could you ask for the never-ending buffet? I am not much of a buffet fan, but in this case I would make an exception.

JFPOTD! It's been a long time! I can just see the warden fuming, "She asked for WHAT? And we granted the request????"

QUESTION OF THE DAY

You are on death row. What do you request for your last meal?

If I had food allergies, I'd pick something I was highly allergic too, have a reaction and they'd have to send me to the hospital instead of executing me. I actually think that would work considering how bizarre the world is.

My last meal request would likely be something like Ruth's Chris filet, medium, Lyonnaise potatoes, artichoke, a bottle of Syrah, and crème brulée.

There we go! I would order that AND THEN NOT TOUCH IT! Hahahahahahaha! They would still have to pay for it!

We have a diagnosis. Brain bleed.

Cause: blood pressure. Cure: none. Strategy: time and therapy. Outcome: 100% uncertain.

Dammit. I can't even imagine what you're going through. (((((Freeda)))))

Can that be our QUESTION OF THE DAY?

What would you do if there were no rules for a day? For a week? For a month?

I'd grab my family and hide from those who need rules to do the right thing. We don't need the rules to know right from wrong.

Aside from the right or wrong of the Death Penalty, isn't it kind of weird to be springing for whatever gourmet thing some murderer wants before he's executed? I'd rather they spend the money on someone who saved a life instead of someone who ended one.
and apparently the Death Penalty itself costs the states a few hundred thousand dollars each time they use it.

Aside from the right or wrong of the Death Penalty, isn't it kind of weird to be springing for whatever gourmet thing some murderer wants before he's executed? I'd rather they spend the money on someone who saved a life instead of someone who ended one.
and apparently the Death Penalty itself costs the states a few hundred thousand dollars each time they use it.

I just read that Texas doesn't offer special last meals anymore.

On Friday, one of the giant fish takes broke. I heard a commotion on the radio about buckets and nets and went to investigate. 300 gallons of water ended up on the floor. They saved the fish. They don't know how it broke, they said no one was in the room when it happened.

It was pretty epic.

On Friday, one of the giant fish takes broke. I heard a commotion on the radio about buckets and nets and went to investigate. 300 gallons of water ended up on the floor. They saved the fish. They don't know how it broke, they said no one was in the room when it happened.

It was pretty epic.

Good to see you and to know that your environment hasn't got any less weird.

We have a diagnosis. Brain bleed.

Cause: blood pressure. Cure: none. Strategy: time and therapy. Outcome: 100% uncertain.
So sorry to hear that Freeda. I wish you strength. I hope they figure out a treatment regimen and that it provides some relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom