::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In MN it gets dark about 5:00 at the earliest. Right now it's about 5:30. In summer it stays light until 9:30 or so. Even later if you go farther north. It's awesome in summer.

Wow - you're slightly more south than we are. Minneapolis is 44.9833 degrees, Portland is 45.5200 degrees.

On the first day of winter last month the sun set at 4:30 p.m. I love that.

I love sleeping with a window open. I sleep so much better.

Yeah, but that can be dangerous. I remember one time when my sister and her hubby came to visit. We slept with the windows open. I woke up in the middle of the night from the STRONG smell. Skunks. The whole dang house smelled like skunk! So strong it was almost nauseating. UGH!

I'm excited! My daughter-in-law just texted that we should know the gender of the new baby in 2 weeks! Sh just scheduled the ultrasound!

Yeah, but that can be dangerous. I remember one time when my sister and her hubby came to visit. We slept with the windows open. I woke up in the middle of the night from the STRONG smell. Skunks. The whole dang house smelled like skunk! So strong it was almost nauseating. UGH!

Eww! I hate that smell. How long did it take to get that smell out of your house?

We smell that all the time when we have the windows open in the living room!
There are no skunks in Hawaii...
I guess our neighbors have a pet skunk, I think his name is Bud.

It was a while . . . Phew! I can almost smell it just thinking about it!

A skunk sprayed our old dog in the face, the day my daughter was born. I was in labor, waiting for my husband to drive back home from work to take me to the hospital. I had let the dog out & when I let him back in, it was terrible. The skunk smell was so strong that it made my eyes and nose burn. I even got wheezy. I made him go back outside. There was a dead skunk in the driveway. He killed it...after it sprayed him.

when I look at where we want to settle in retirement, I am looking at a lot of taxation factors. Many states do not tax military pensions, so that is it a real advantage to us. I also look to settle somewhere that has a commissary, VA hospital, military airstrip, and large hub commercial airport. In addition, I'm looking at areas with a low cost of living. Throw in that I would not want to be too far away from either of our families, but still want weather that is more moderate than what we experience here, and we will probably end up in the suburbs of St Louis.

You really want Kansas City, especially the Kansas side.

I've had squirrels, bats, birds, snakes and chipmunks, no skunks yet.

I've had squirrels, bats, birds, snakes and chipmunks, no skunks yet.

We get skunks, out here, quite a bit. I'm always on the look-out for them. There have been times where we set out a live trap...then wonder how we would handle it if we actually trapped one. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom