::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clara is definitely a good uke. Great big voice. The setup never varies. I love it. But, wood instruments sound and feel more alive.

I have a Rainsong carbon graphite guitar. I love it for the same reasons you love your Clara, but I agree, it misses a little of the character you get from a wood instrument.

Gary was teasing me about fish Don.
I want to like fish, often times it looks appetizing and I know it is good for me, but most of the time when it is on the fork on its way to my mouth and I get a whiff of fish, I no longer want to eat it.
I found that raw fish, oddly enough, solves that problem, but I still struggle with some.
Opah, Ono, Ahi, and Monchong I really like though. I want to try more but so far those work for me, even cooked.

I sometimes wonder if people intentionally over step their boundaries to see if they can get away with it, or if they are just clueless that they are being pushy.

So we plan on getting the kids all done in hopes of taking the RV to Niagara and staying in Canada. It is a long shot for this Summer but if we dont camp in Assateague with the horses then maybe we will do Niagara.

Play with Misty for me.

Oh, wait - she was from a different island, wasn't she?

I sometimes wonder if people intentionally over step their boundaries to see if they can get away with it, or if they are just clueless that they are being pushy.

A little of both, I think. There's a guy at our church who is generally an unpleasant, arrogant, testosterone-filled jack hole - and seems to have no clue that he is. I think some people's family lives and histories are such that they don't notice their personal style doesn't blend well with others because it's what they're used to. Then there are those who like to rile people up just for the sport of it.

So...I'm sitting in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express in Roseburg, Oregon, so I can use their wifi. They were very kind to let me sit here as I wait for Sheryl to come pick me up (I'm about 200 miles south of home).

Why am I sitting here?

Well...I was on my way to my meeting in Southern California. I was driving, left at 1:30 a.m. At a little after 4:00 a.m. I saw what looked like a white plastic bag fluttering toward me from the left. It was a VERY brief look before WHAM! Turns out what looked like a bag was actually a deer.

My car is very small. I was going 70 mph. The deer is very dead.

As is my little car.

Now I'm waiting for Sheryl to get here and take me home - I will be flying to my meeting now, which makes my evening out with Sally more challenging (since I had my own car it was going to be easy to get away and meet up with her...now I will be sharing with coworkers. Ugh.).

I am not very fond of deer right now.

A little of both, I think. There's a guy at our church who is generally an unpleasant, arrogant, testosterone-filled jack hole - and seems to have no clue that he is. I think some people's family lives and histories are such that they don't notice their personal style doesn't blend well with others because it's what they're used to. Then there are those who like to rile people up just for the sport of it.

When I worked at the hospital I was amazed at how rude some people were even when they wanted your help.
I definitely agree that some people/families seem to think that arguing is a normal part of everyday life.

Bummer for you and your car, Jon, and major bummer for the deer. I'm just glad that you weren't hurt, too....

So...I'm sitting in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express in Roseburg, Oregon, so I can use their wifi. They were very kind to let me sit here as I wait for Sheryl to come pick me up (I'm about 200 miles south of home).

Why am I sitting here?

Well...I was on my way to my meeting in Southern California. I was driving, left at 1:30 a.m. At a little after 4:00 a.m. I saw what looked like a white plastic bag fluttering toward me from the left. It was a VERY brief look before WHAM! Turns out what looked like a bag was actually a deer.

As is my little car.

Now I'm waiting for Sheryl to get here and take me home - I will be flying to my meeting now, which makes my evening out with Sally more challenging (since I had my own car it was going to be easy to get away and meet up with her...now I will be sharing with coworkers. Ugh.).

Why am I sitting here?

As is my little car.

I guess it's that time of year. Glad you weren't hurt, but the car's a hassle.

I hope you can get the Insight fixed, if that's what you want - I know you liked it. I feel bad for the deer too, I mean it is unfortunate but happy to hear you are OK. I know not all the deer can read those signs and only cross at the designated spots.

Raisin Bran is yummy with chocolate milk. Vanilla milk, meh.

The Broncos were on fire last night. Burn, baby, burn!

Somehow, a couple of months ago, I got into the habit of having a glass of chocolate milk an hour or so before bed. It's gotten to the point where I really look forward to it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom