::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guitar kids (bass too) were playing this in my class right now. I told them they ripped off Joe Jackson and played them the video. Now they want to learn "Is She Really Going Out With Him"

Wow, apparently I've inherited a fortune in British pounds. I'm somebody's heir! All I have to do is send all my personal information to some guy named Greg and he says he'll start on the paperwork. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!

Oh, I just read that it was in British pounds. If I were you that would be a deal breaker. I wouldn't trust the pound.

Rafe Report:

Today/tonight is a carnival at James' school

Sat: Taking FIL out to birthday lunch since last week I was laid out and couldn't go.

Sun: Nothing. (love the sound of that!)

Wow, apparently I've inherited a fortune in British pounds. I'm somebody's heir! All I have to do is send all my personal information to some guy named Greg and he says he'll start on the paperwork. :rolleyes:

That's a coincidence-- I got a call today from "Digital Central" telling me they had detected problems on my computer, which they would correct free of charge if I would only give them login access. The world is full of helpful people.

That's a coincidence-- I got a call today from "Digital Central" telling me they had detected problems on my computer, which they would correct free of charge if I would only give them login access. The world is full of helpful people.

I had 2 calls like this early in the week. They got very quiet when I told them I didn't have a computer.

Rafe Report:

Today/tonight is a carnival at James' school

Sat: Taking FIL out to birthday lunch since last week I was laid out and couldn't go.

Sun: NASCAR. (love the sound of that!)

There. Fixed it for you.

I had 2 calls like this early in the week. They got very quiet when I told them I didn't have a computer.

Ha! That's the best reply I have heard, for these kinds of calls!

Good morning, one and all! I'm still using my iPod for PoHoing, but not liking it much. I need to decide what to do about a computer. I researched chromebooks yesterday, and have decided which one to get if I go that route.

I still have so many questions, though. I'm concerned about the printer limitations, and unsure about cloud storage. As the chromebook format is not Microsoft-based, will it recognize my documents generated on a PC? They say they are offering free cloud storage for the first two years. What happens after that? Do they shut off your access to your files if you don't pay? Is it possible to create a document on a chromebook, attach it to an email to a PC, and then print it from there?

Ugh! Too many unknowns....

Chromebook:

The printer limitations are very real if you don't have a printer already set up for Google Cloud Printing. I'm techy enough and had a spare laptop so I was able to work around it, but if you don't want to do that or don't have the equipment, then your current printer, if not cloud ready, will be useless to you. I see that as the Chromebook's biggest weak spot.

Cloud storage is safe and easy to use, and there is also a certain amount of on-board storage. My Chromebook also can take SD cards for local storage if I prefer. I'm not sure about the pricing policy on the cloud storage, but I THINK that at the end of 2 years if you don't pay for the space (there is a certain amount that's always free, by the way), you don't lose access, you just can't add more stuff, and if you delete files thinking you're freeing up space - well, you're just giving the space back. There are multiple cloud storage methods, though - Box, Dropbox, Google Drive - see which one works best for you.

The Chromebook WILL recognize Microsoft-formatted documents and can actually save the documents in Microsoft format. I write my papers for school on my Chromebook but submit them to my professors in .docx format (Microsoft Word 2007 and above) at their request.

It is absolutely possible to create, edit, and email documents created on the Chromebook. Once they're opened on a PC they're just ordinary documents and can be edited or printed on the PC as you wish.

That help some?

QOTD: How much would you pay to be able to instantly get rid of the flu?

Well...I don't pay anything for a flu shot and haven't had the flu ever since I started getting them. So I guess if I get the flu (still possible, of course) I'd be willing to soldier through with it, knowing it's a rare thing that I don't have to deal with normally.

(The last time I had the flu I started showing symptoms on September 11, 2001. By the next day I was in full fever/chills/aches/pains/headache/malaise - the whole shebang - and the only thing on any TV channel was the coverage of the terrorist attacks.)

I found this on craigslist.

00P0P_1y9AAYS6mCv_600x450.jpg

Leave it on Craigslist.

I think I inherited that same fortune! Who'd a thunk we were so closely related?

Wow.

I have a bunch of long lost friends and relatives in North Africa that are millionaires too.

I wonder if you and I are related?

I have a lot of people in Nigeria who want me to help them launder a fortune to get it out of their country, but I've never been quite clear on the legality of that one. I have heard that they have other people they ask sometimes, too, so I hope SOMEBODY helps these guys out some day.

Congratulations!!!

Oh, I just read that it was in British pounds. If I were you that would be a deal breaker. I wouldn't trust the pound.

I trust the pound. I applaud the Brits for holding on to their personal denomination. I don't trust the Euro. Seems too much like bitcoin for me.

I had fun with one of them once. I let him try to walk me through the whole access thing. (He was calling from Windows. Not Microsoft, mind you - Windows.) I played the idiotic computer user to the hilt and finally said, "Listen, maybe there's something wrong with my keyboard. I don't see this flag key you keep talking about - is it the same as the one with the apple on it?"

Click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom