::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out the land surveying job is min of 40hrs a week. Pay starts at 10 or sometimes 12 a hr

If you are planning on joining the work force full time, you need to find a trade. Look for something with mobility, retirement and health insurance. There are going to be careers out there that haven't even been invented yet so think out of the box in what you go into. Grocery stores for instance, used to be a viable career, now monkeys could check you out and most of the front end work will soon be computers. That union will weaken because the workers aren't as important as they used to be because the skill has been taken out of it and that job is no longer a viable "career."

Also, if you can learn to be the best in your field you can command higher pay. Many middle management jobs requiring a college degree don't pay as well as a "blue collar" job where that person is skilled at what he does. Go talk to a trade school and ask about future employment and ask them questions about the job market outlook for ten, twenty years down the road.

Find something you like. There's nothing worse than waking up and having to go to a job you hate. It affects all facets of your life.

Hope you find something. Good luck on the job search.

Code:
[CENTER]Heart of Gold
Neil Young[/CENTER]

Riff:
[C] [C] [stop] [C] [C] [stop] [C] [Cmaj7] [C6] [G]

INTRO
[Em] [D] [Em] [D]

[Em] I want to [C] live, [D] I want to [G] give
[Em] I've been a [C] miner for a [D] heart of [G] gold
[Em] It's these ex [C] pressions [D] I never [G] give
[Em] That keep me searching for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff
And I'm getting old

[Em] Keep me searching for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff
And I'm getting old

[Em] I've been to [C] Hollywood, [D] I've been to [G] Redwood
[Em] I've crossed the [C] ocean for a [D] heart of [G] gold
[Em] I've been in [C] my mind, [D] it's such a [G] fine line
[Em] That keeps me searching for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff
And I'm getting old

[Em] Keep me searching for a [D] heart of [Em] gold
You [Em] keep me searching and I'm [D] growing [Em] old
[Em] Keep me searching for a [D] heart of [Em] gold
[Em] I've been a miner for a [G] heart of [D] gold

Riff x2

I think the riff-
Riff:
[C] [C] [stop] [C] [C] [stop] [C] [Cmaj7] [C6] [G]

-goes, 1 2 Stop 1 2 Stop 1 2 3 4?

Get out of my head Rob!

I've been noodling this with my guitar this morning. I think I'm going to learn Sugar Mountain for James. He likes singing that song.

Rob, please stop worrying about your posts on music theory! I know I enjoy them, and I'm sure others do, too. Some of them are a bit over my head, yet, but others of them really help me to understand. This post, for example, was very helpful, and well presented. Keep on doing what you do so well, and don't feel the need to apologize for it....

:agree: If I don't get it or don't have time I can just skip over it. No harm no foul, but please keep posting. It's not that difficult to skip a post. People skip mine all the time.

(yeah, I can tell when you do that :) )

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Do you want burial or cremation? Why?

Cremation. Several reasons. One, I kinda think spending all that money to keep a dead body from doing what it naturally does is kinda stupid, and two I think burial puts unneeded stress on the survivors. My MIL will not move, because my FIL is buried in podunkville NC, even though she would be much better off if she moved. My father on the other hand did move, 600+ miles away, and it saddens him that he will never be able to visit my mothers grave again. I don't want to be the cause of either of those situations for my wife, should I go first.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Cremation. After a few years no one goes to the stone yard very often. We talked about not even having a showing. Just put me in a jar. After a while spread me around in one of my favorite places. Probably illeagal. But what they don't know don't hurt 'em. Maybe have a rememberance party after a while.

I don't know what a ristretto is. I could use a risotto recipe though.

Risotto is a great, rich winter meal. I have a pretty good recipe. It's at home. I'll try to get it to you tonight. Good stuff: arborio rice, olive oil, stock, wine, and dried mushrooms. Bene!

Ristretto is an espresso shot that is "restricted", meaning yet more concentrated. The best ristretto is a standard pull yielding a smaller (75-80%) result. Flavor is richer and the texture is thicker. You do it by packing the dose of coffee tighter.

Last edited:
Don, ANY chord that frets all strings is a moveable shape :)

I was just thinking that. Whenever you cover all four strings you can move up and down the neck and always be in tune. The chord name changes and the pitches rise and fall, but it will always be in tune with itself.

:agree: If I don't get it or don't have time I can just skip over it. No harm no foul, but please keep posting. It's not that difficult to skip a post. People skip mine all the time.

(yeah, I can tell when you do that :) )
No you can't.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

I just can not decide. I figure I will go to my death and Paul will do as he chooses, anyway. I just told him my wedding ring goes where I go. Muffin is not sentimental,about anything. She does NOT get my jewelry. NO. No. No.

The idea of my body getting burned up into bits creeps me out to no end. I have always envisioned being buried in my pajamas. Makes so much sense to me. I don't know. I just don't know. Touched a weird spot for me today, Freeda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom