::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. My internet was down for about three hours and just came back on. We had some bad thunderstorms roll through. Being Saturday I see I didn't miss too much.

I had fun at the jam session this morning. Bill brought in some song sheets for songs the group does regularly. I meant to ask him if I could borrow them to make copies, but I forgot. Oh, well....next week.

I spent the afternoon working on repairing my mower deck from my John Deere. After a good bit of frustration and consternation, the welding is done. I have not welded in a few years, and it showed.

There are several variables involved, and adjustments that can be made to the welder. Eventually I started getting some good looking beads, but by then the job was half done. I was also having repeated wire feed issues, but I think that is due to a worn part on the welder rather than anything I was doing wrong. The job is done, and seems plenty strong, if not particularly good looking.

Now I just need to reinstall the mower deck under the tractor. That can wait until tomorrow or Monday, I'm done for today and all cleaned up....

Can you contact Bill through E mail and get him to send you the song sheets?

Ukulele Underground Forums Statistics
Threads:90,316 Posts:1,557,585 Members:107,964 Active Members:2,385 Welcome to our newest member, earltomas

^^^ This is at the bottom of the 'Forum' page. Notice the active members list. Last week at this time, it was a little over 2,400. It seems to be dropping steadily even though there is another newest member at least a couple of times a day. Evidently, actively posting people are dropping off faster than new people are signing up.

You have to account for spammers getting purged too.

Let's see, we like
Korean Chicken
Chili Nachos
Chicken Katsu / chicken katsu curry
Zip PAC
Chili moco
Won ton mein
Hot turkey sandwich
Napples
Did I mention they have a HUGE menu?
Kind of like Denny's plus local food.

Similar to Consitter the chili moco is calling me.

The Kilted One ended up doing all the tilling. I baked peanut butter brownies with girlspawn. He deserves a gold star.

At McD's for breakfast before jam session. I've been studying the circle of fifths. I hope it helps.

A lady behind me in line this morning looked up at me, kind of incredulously, and asked, "Gee, how tall ARE you?". I looked at her with a straight face, and told her, "Five sixteen.". Her confused expression was priceless....

Bwahahahaha! I wonder if she ever got that.

Last night at James basketball practice the coach asked me and another dad to help out. We were to stand in front of the kids when shooting so they learn to shoot up rather at the basket. The coach asked how tall we were and the other dad proudly proclaimed 6'4", when he looked at me I said I used to be 6'2" but I guess I'm 6'4" today. All the parents laughed because we were clearly the same height.

And then I felt bad for going for the laugh at his expense. Sometimes my mouth gets in front of my best judgement.

I'm about 5'10-1/2" tall. 99% of the guys here at work that I look eye-to-eye with say they are 6 feet tall. When one C/O asked me how tall I was, I told him my actual height, and he said, "No way, I'm 6 feet, and you're as tall as me." I looked him square in the eye, and said, "It must be the elevator shoes I'm wearing."

He actually looked down to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom