::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need no stinkin' roads.

7EB447A8-BC04-4E9B-BD84-DB2790A6AA43.jpg

Apparently, we, as a people, are not fat or lazy enough, yet....
I stumbled across this as this is the new vehicle for express post delivery in England. It can travel up to 12 mph, but normally cruises about 8 mph and has a 20 mile range. Since you don't have to get off to enter buildings, even elevators, it saves a lot of time for the delivery folks. Kind of like how bike messengers are faster than cars in NYC.

I would love to ride my bike to TheBus stop in the morning, or even ride farther, but it is SO HOT here that even wearing shorts and a T-Shirt I would be sweating through my clothes. Sometimes I am sweating pretty much by the time I get home after riding TheBus even though I only have a half-mile walk, in the heat with long pants and work shirts it is HOT. This would also make it very possible for me to zip down to the beach or park at lunch - right now, walking takes just a bit too long to get there and back and have any real time to relax, eat, play ukulele... If I drive to the park, it takes longer to get out of the parking structure, navigate the silly one-way streets that make the drive twice as far as walking, and then find parking once I get there...

There is a very real need for these. Kind of like a Segway, but much more portable!

Smells like rain outside but the ground is dry. We must have had a slight drizzle because my car is wet, not enough to pool in drops but like you sprayed it with a water bottle.

Hope it's at least enough to lessen the fire danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom