Hurricane Iselle

mketom

Reaction score
Say a prayer, send happy thoughts and/or focus some inner energy for our friends in Hawai'i as two hurricanes aim for the Islands.

Our friends Chuck & Bonnie Moore and his neighbors are due to be directly in the path of Iselle's first landfall on Thursday.

Much Aloha Hawai'i ! May you find safe shelter from the storm(s).

Last edited:
Yes, we are all worried about Chuck and everyone else on Big Island. So far Iselle has been downgraded from Category 4 to Category 3 and expected to be a Tropical Storm by the time it makes landfall. We all hope it just blows over.

Julio is still another wildcard, but seems to be a smaller system so far.

Mahalo for the aloha!

Thanks for the well wishes! Iselle comes in on Thursday, we'll be the first to see it. But I think it's Julio we really need to worry about. If it keeps moving on it's southerly track it will pick up a lot of energy. It should make landfall on Sunday as a hurricane. My biggest concern for myself is for my solar panels. They are just big metal and glass sails now. I need to get up on the roof and lower them and lash them flat. Then I need to clear all the dangerous and weak trees around. I just got back from town and it's a mad house with people buying emergency supplies. There are THREE storm systems in the North Pacific currently and we're only two months into the hurricane season. I just got back from California last night and this is my welcome home. haha.

Thanks for the well wishes! Iselle comes in on Thursday, we'll be the first to see it. But I think it's Julio we really need to worry about. If it keeps moving on it's southerly track it will pick up a lot of energy. It should make landfall on Sunday as a hurricane. My biggest concern for myself is for my solar panels. They are just big metal and glass sails now. I need to get up on the roof and lower them and lash them flat. Then I need to clear all the dangerous and weak trees around. I just got back from town and it's a mad house with people buying emergency supplies. There are THREE storm systems in the North Pacific currently and we're only two months into the hurricane season. I just got back from California last night and this is my welcome home. haha.

Chuck you (and all the UU members in Hawaii) remain in my thoughts. Stay safe!

Prayers and aloha to all of our ukulele ohana and friends to be safe from the storms. Please, dont take any chances!!!!

Is this unusual for Hawaii? I don't remember seeing Hurricanes out that way. All the best to all in Hawaii.

Is this unusual for Hawaii? I don't remember seeing Hurricanes out that way. All the best to all in Hawaii.
Not unusual for hurricanes here; fortunately most lose strength before making landfall. What is unusual is the proximity of the two on the way at the same time...

Be careful on the roof my brother....

since I moved back to Oahu last Feb. 2013... there have been many storm warnings...but so far nothing major has happened(really bad) yet, even the Sunday of the Ukulele Festival we got lucky it was a beautiful day....:)

but I am sure we have been lucky so far...keep me filled in if possible...we get the bad weather last here other than Kauai...keep your fingers crossed and hope we can get lucky again...

Last edited:
Best of luck/ be careful/ stay safe to all our Hawaii UU'ers.

Not unusual for hurricanes here; fortunately most lose strength before making landfall. What is unusual is the proximity of the two on the way at the same time...

Here's a map of the hurricanes that have come close to or hit Hawaii from 1950 to 1982. This was part of an exhibit I saw in April 2011 at Koke'e Srtate Park about the effect of Hurricanes Iwa and Iniki on Kauai. My thought are with you all. Be safe everyone!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Posting Positive thoughts and prayers about the storm approaching Hawaii

Thought I'd start a thread to keep our Island brothers and sisters in our thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping that storm approaching Hawaii doesn't cause them any grief and that they will be safe.

I second that, Phil, first hurricane in twenty years now two in a row. Keep your head down my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Absolutely. All of our island-based friends, be safe!

All the best and stay safe over there!

Just got back yesterday from a month on Oahu visiting my wife's family. Locals know the drill and will be ready when the storm comes. However, I'm still sending up a prayer or two.

Same here, praying and hoping for the best for everyone in Hawaii

I remember Iniki, so y'all be safe!

Top Bottom